• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel Setting

snowdust

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Just installed a Holtzman kit I bought used from Ulmer. It's a 60 horse shot with a single nozzle facing away from the intake boots. We got a ton of snow from this last storm so I took it out to test. There was way too much snow to get any traction so no chance to dial in clutching. I was able to get the fuel dialed in though. I started at 4 turns out and ended up all the way down to 3/4 of 1 turn out to get to about 11:1 on the AFR. Does this seem right? I couldn't tell much from the nitrous due to lack of traction, but I went through most of the bottle so it is working. Just curious if others are running their fuel screw in that same range.

I have the same kit. I run on tar in the summer. I have it set at the same 3/4 to 1 depending on weather A/F runs 11.0 to 11.3

did u experience back firing or huge loss of power being to rich? also are u running polaris wieghts? i think im going to put in 66's. im currently running 62's

did u experience back firing or huge loss of power being to rich? also are u running polaris wieghts? i think im going to put in 66's. im currently running 62's
I couldn't tell because the snow was not hard packed. It didn't backfire or anything... It just showed on the AFR gauge. I am running the Heelclicker 2-speed weights and just added a couple grams. Haven't had snow to dial that in yet.

snowdust post: 1251998 said:
Just installed a Holtzman kit I bought used from Ulmer. It's a 60 horse shot with a single nozzle facing away from the intake boots. We got a ton of snow from this last storm so I took it out to test. There was way too much snow to get any traction so no chance to dial in clutching. I was able to get the fuel dialed in though. I started at 4 turns out and ended up all the way down to 3/4 of 1 turn out to get to about 11:1 on the AFR. Does this seem right? I couldn't tell much from the nitrous due to lack of traction, but I went through most of the bottle so it is working. Just curious if others are running their fuel screw in that same range.
Keep us post as you dial it in:nos

Back