• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fx Nytro Mirrors

I have their LEDs on two machines and really like them. One has the star series the other The Sentinel series. I guess I sort of prefer the Sentinel

I have the sentinel on my old ride with the leds and I liked them. The LEDS were bright.

I don't see the sentinel any longer on their web site. Considering their current flares with LED lights and mirrors.

Powermadd Mirrors.jpg

Thanks... I will read but what is the primary difference between them, one larger, one smaller?

Yeah,looks and size . The star series guards are a little smaller. Leds are very bright on both. I think the mirrors will work with both.

IMG_3053.JPG
Wife's has PowerMadd Stars w/ extended inserts + mirrors that have a Spring on them.
The mounting of just a 'lil bolt thru 2 plastic tabs on the back sucks, not tight enough they move- overtighten pinches tabs.
Wish she'd just wanna go with some stock ones which I think are much better , and add a small blind spot mirror to them but nope, her baby....

Not swapping them over to the NJ blue waffle?
Any plans for the Big East show weekend?

I thought about swapping but I like the ability to put the dumbo ears on if it gets cold. Still s work in progress though.

Was planning on being up for Big East show and to drop off at MMS shop but I have a work golf event to play in same weekend I almost forgot about. Looking like 3rd weekend in October now for drop off and cold beers in the garage at your place.

Posted this on my rebuild thread but considering the title will post here too. Pulled the trigger on DirtFarmer's suggestion of Amazon sourced Sentinel's and ended up getting black/black guards, mounts and fold mirrors for $27.72; received $40 off if I paid with a new amazon credit card (gives 5% cash back and I buy enough Amazon stuff it is worth it and what better way to spend it than on the Nytro!). Taking a risk on the "like new in original package" mirrors for $8 but what the heck... will post results when I return from Casablanca 17OCT... damn hoping we have snow by then, lol.

2017-09-22 Sentinal Handguards Amazon.jpg

60736736-90E2-4C86-A8F5-877EF5C5D77D.jpeg CAB1648F-7E16-44EE-A631-4986EBBA0F9C.jpeg
I bought the powermadd sentinel mirrors and installed them on the OEM Yamaha handguards. I got the idea off here from someone who used the same handguards on their Viper. Seems like they will work fine. Time will tell.

Looks good DirtFarmer... your stock handguards appear larger than the ones on my 2009. I like how yours came out and it appears they will spin on their spring bolt not matter what the guard. Will be interesting to see if bumps move them up or down as it looks like they have a male / female lock in tab once you extend them on the sentinel guards. I cant wait to install mine later this week when I return to the USA, hard to think winter here in Casablanca, over 90 F and it is 23h33! in the 40's in Maine per my wife, hoping for some snow soon!

Looks good DirtFarmer... your stock handguards appear larger than the ones on my 2009. I like how yours came out and it appears they will spin on their spring bolt not matter what the guard. Will be interesting to see if bumps move them up or down as it looks like they have a male / female lock in tab once you extend them on the sentinel guards. I cant wait to install mine later this week when I return to the USA, hard to think winter here in Casablanca, over 90 F and it is 23h33! in the 40's in Maine per my wife, hoping for some snow soon!

Yeah I’m thinking the same thing on the bumps. I have sentinel handguards on my old ride and I saw where they “lock in”. If they do move I will have to add a small bolt to work as a stopper or just switch to the sentinel handguards completely. Still running the AC unit down here in South Jersey........I’m ready for winter to start.

Makes sense... I like the look of the sentinels, the mounts arrived the day I left on my trip but I plan to install them this coming week, will post some pics. I like having mirrors so I don't have to turn around to see those behind me (haha)... also helps coming up to a road, easier to wait for all to cross at once, the LED option on the Sentinels looks pretty cool, thinking I will get that as well after the HIDs.

Back