• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro windshield options - Want higher with decent looks

skyboz??????

apexer said:
What kind of paint are you guys using to paint your windshields. Also any special prep so it doesn't come off.

Where did you get this wind sheild???? I tried looking up Skyboz and can't find anything. I like it and want one. Thanks in advance. T

Skyboz is a member here on TY, not a make of windshield. All the windshields can be seen over on Yamaha's website in the accessories section.

You guys with the mid shield, how tall are you and where are you finding the wind hits you? I don't care if it hits me in the helmet, just as long as its not the neck or chest.

EDIT: I guess I'm looking for where the wind hits you on a mid vs tall. I'm thinking tall is the way to go, but if mid will put it where I want I like the look better.

I have a mid shield and I'm 5'11". For me the wind hits me roughly from mid chest up, but I also mostly stand. I couldn't really tell you from a sit down point. Normally it doesn't bother me except for those -10 below day and cold nights. On the wifes sled she has the high shield and loves it. She can't stand riding mine cause of the mid shield, which is good for me. LOL :rofl:

Just installed my tall windy with side deflectors. Disappointed in the fit and finish! The screw holes on the windy didnt line up and the deflector will surely gouge the hood if I dont do a little trimming. Thinking of trimming it and adding windsheild trim to the side that contacts the hood. I'll try and get pics up tomorrow.

Sno-Xr said:
Just installed my tall windy with side deflectors. Disappointed in the fit and finish! The screw holes on the windy didnt line up and the deflector will surely gouge the hood if I dont do a little trimming. Thinking of trimming it and adding windsheild trim to the side that contacts the hood. I'll try and get pics up tomorrow.

That's what I had to do, I took a dremmel tool and ground the spots that touched the hood so they didn't touch then got some door edge guard from Canadian Tire and put it on...did the trick and looks much better.

I went to the local department store Meijers....and in the auto dept found clear vinyl automotive door edge guard which has adhesive inside....got it warm and it fits perfect ...trimmed with a razor blade...looks oem and the soft vinyl protects and as an added bonus seals between the deflector and the hood!

Yep, scratched the PIZZ out of it!! :o| Heres a few pics, deffinitely will be trimming!

Attachments

• 1122091116 (Medium).jpg
    1122091116 (Medium).jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 595
  • 1122091113 (Medium).jpg
    1122091113 (Medium).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 496
  • 1122091131 (Medium).jpg
    1122091131 (Medium).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 454
  • 1122091119 (Medium).jpg
    1122091119 (Medium).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 458
shield

glad i wasnt the only one that thought the fit was horrible! i need REAL screws to even get this tall shield to pull tight to the hood. Haven't even started on the side shields yet.
I have the firestorm shield with red/siver in the bottom, and i got the white side deflectors....not really sure if i should keep the sides or not.
I mean, it doesnt look bad with the white, cuz the hood panel by it is white, and the handguards.
but i can't help but wonder if it wouldnt look better black??
my sled is a 09 white xtx by the way...
def going to put the door edge trim on the side deflectors....so stupid why yami didnt do it stock. they already did the exposed edge.....

shield

decided to keep the white side deflectors. put the clear door edge guard on. found it at autozone. $4 for 2 strips...got the job done with one.
works real nice, seals up any gaps and should stop gouging. fit n finish is better on the side deflectors than my tall windshield....i swear its meant for a '10. doesnt like to lay flat where the little air scoops are. i notice '10 has large scoops molded in lower on hood. will take a pic tommorow.

DeerHuntr said:
Man seeing that 2010 black model makes me wish i would have waited a year, man thats sharp
you aint kidding, hate the looks of my gay blue one, but at 8g otd I figure I will ride it and not look at it. I got the grey/black tank bag which looks great and breaks up the blue. plan to get big windshield and give the stupid dumbo ears to some kid for his formuly

Attachments

• Nytro gusset kit installation.pdf
    32.2 KB · Views: 258
fyi

they do sell different hoods in the yami accessory book....if you really hate it....you could change it for less than the $1500 difference in 09vs10

Back