• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro XTX and Other Model Pricing

Sierraspirit

Veteran
Once again I see there is quite a difference between the Canadian pricing and US pricing. Looking at the two sites shows a minimum of $2500 and as high as $3000 difference on select models. I thought the rumor was Yamaha Canada was going to lower/make their pricing more competitive because of the strong Canadian dollar. Well, as you can see this is not the case. There is a huge difference on the suggested retail. Seeing some of the OTD pricing on FX Nytro XTX by US dealers, well I can tell you the Canadian dealers will not give as good of discount. It looks like I will be purchasing my sled South of the border again this year. I already purchased my 08 FX Nytro south. I hope several other Canadians do the same.

It gets tiredsome being screwed continuously by Yamaha Canada on prices. If it is not the Sleds, it is the parts. Those rebates offered on last years models because of the strong Canadian dollar still didn't come close to what I saved buying South. LOL LOL

Yes, let us know how things turn out. If I can score a great deal down in the States, then that's where I will go.

Grimm said:
Yes, let us know how things turn out. If I can score a great deal down in the States, then that's where I will go.
Exactly my thoughts as well. I'm jumping from yellow to blue this year but don't wana spend $14k CAN on a Nytro here.

Jimmie, the MSRP for the FX Nytro XTX is on the Yamaha Canada site. Here you go for difference between Cdn and US. In Canada the FX Nytro XTX MSRP is $13299.99 and the US MSRP for the FX Nytro XTX is $10549.99. The net difference here is $2750. Keep in mind the US dealers are far more likely to deal. See some of the OTD prices quoted in US, eg $9300 MN and $9600 MI. THe list will be bigger. The US dealers will knock $1000 off MSRP, expecially if sled is going North. This is my experience. Does anyone honestly believe their Cdn dealer will knock $1000 off MSRP, I doubt it. Happy SOuthern Shopping, will see you down there, LOL LOL

Sierraspirit said:
Jimmie, the MSRP for the FX Nytro XTX is on the Yamaha Canada site. Here you go for difference between Cdn and US. In Canada the FX Nytro XTX MSRP is $13299.99 and the US MSRP for the FX Nytro XTX is $10549.99. The net difference here is $2750. Keep in mind the US dealers are far more likely to deal. See some of the OTD prices quoted in US, eg $9300 MN and $9600 MI. THe list will be bigger. The US dealers will knock $1000 off MSRP, expecially if sled is going North. This is my experience. Does anyone honestly believe their Cdn dealer will knock $1000 off MSRP, I doubt it. Happy SOuthern Shopping, will see you down there, LOL LOL
Mine knocked $1200 off msrp last spring, plus I got the $1000 fall rebate on top of that, plus $700 accessories & 3 year warranty.
BUT, I still think the CDN prices should be more in line with the US prices, and if I were to do it again, I'd go south as well. can you PM me the MN dealer that offered you $9300 otd? thanks

Attachments

• DSC01316.JPG
    DSC01316.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC01317.JPG
    DSC01317.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 97
Pricing

I too am looking at switching to team Blue from Yellow, the pricing just makes no sense. It doesn't matter what brand you buy it is a US vs Canadian thing. I would prefer to buy here in Canada myself although not at these price differences. A friend of mine was headed down to North Dakota this week-end to pick some quad parts and is checking into a Nytro XTX price, warrenty ect for me. I will find out tomorrow what the particulars are.

Pricing

Crazy incentives offered on US purchase sleds, but not Canadian sleds. In Canada we get 1 year Warranty and if you want to pay an outragous price in Cdn dollars and spring order, you get a second year of Warranty (by the way pick any 2 options of three, offered by Yamaha Canada)

On a US sled you get all three options, you get the enormous 4 years of Warrantly, $600 in Yamaha accessories, and thirdly no payments/no interest until Jan 1/09.

What is wrong with this picture? Yamaha Canada really really needs to get their head out of their azz, or out of their Managements azz. LOL LOL.

Just did some quick math for us Canadians.
Based on the MSRP for the 2009 Nytro SE including all " spring incentives" we end up paying $2,100 more here in Canada and lose a year warrenty.
US = $11,299 - $600.00 for parts = $10,699 and a 4 year warrenty
CDN = $14,099 - $1200.00 (discount) and $100.00 off a service = $12,799 and you only get 3 years warrenty.
Oh ya you get a fleece jacket here in Canada....$2100.00 for a jacket...better be a hell of a nice jacket.

Buy in Canada...Prove your a sucker!!!!

I agree we are getting hosed!. Even if you get the 4 year warranty from the states the warranty is no good up here. I would have bought one in the states but the first thing I asked is if the warranty transfers and IT DOESN'T!!

I had to choose betewn a jacket and 2nd year coverage. I choose the waranty. Then I had to pay an additional $200 for the third year. I asked and they wouldn't even give me 4th year if I Paid.

ChubbyFF said:
Just did some quick math for us Canadians.
Based on the MSRP for the 2009 Nytro SE including all " spring incentives" we end up paying $2,100 more here in Canada and lose a year warrenty.
US = $11,299 - $600.00 for parts = $10,699 and a 4 year warrenty
CDN = $14,099 - $1200.00 (discount) and $100.00 off a service = $12,799 and you only get 3 years warrenty.
Oh ya you get a fleece jacket here in Canada....$2100.00 for a jacket...better be a hell of a nice jacket.

Buy in Canada...Prove your a sucker!!!!

You getting your pricing from kellys? thats were I bought mine. I live in hamilton and ride in Parry sound.

I have been quoted around 11,200 on XTX after rebates and before taxes Cdn (not to bad).

US OTD price was $9,850 and then $150 for extra 4 year warranty

Pricing

Reaper, that isn't too bad. Still a difference of $1200 on your pricing. I believe MN and ND US dealers will be little better. Like you said, for $150 you get 4 years of warranty and I know you have to take it back to US. Shouldn't be a big problem since crossing Emerson border is close to you. What is the most warrantly you can get in Canada, 2 Years and only if you snowcheck. I want the Cdn dollar to rise little more over this summer, and off to US for sled. LOL LOL

Back