• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro XTX Ride Review!!

TY Mr.Sled and all the test rider's for taking the time and giving an honest opinion to a somewhat touchy model for some,I am sure that if the nay sayers take the time to read your report that they will find that there is more to the XTX than previously assumed.Excellent job! :Rockon: :Rockon: :jump: ;)! :rocks:

Fasttoys, I can answer some of your questions. The A-arms are redesigned. If you saw them side by side it's obvious. All the items they claim to have changed were present on the XTX. Increased trail, change in camber ..etc. It was REALLY obvious to me, not owning a Nytro, how much more planted and stable the new front end geometry felt. I went form a sled virtually identical to my Attak ( Apex LTX), to an Apex, then the Nytro FX RTX, then the XTX. The RTX was a quick steering sled. But I didn't feel confident on it. Mr Sled rides the same machine and likes how this one was set up. When I moved to the XTX, it was like riding my Attak to me. The added length was transparent. The front end felt very similar, but quicker to respond to input. Never felt like it would do anything but what I wanted it to. Better wind protection, that WAS on the RTX we rode, and a bigger gas tank and I would buy one. This machine will do almost everything my Attak does. And with the 144, will no doubt be a much better boondocker.

Thanks for the report Tom. Well done.... ;)!

Viper_Dave said:
Fasttoys, I can answer some of your questions. The A-arms are redesigned. If you saw them side by side it's obvious. All the items they claim to have changed were present on the XTX. Increased trail, change in camber ..etc. It was REALLY obvious to me, not owning a Nytro, how much more planted and stable the new front end geometry felt. I went form a sled virtually identical to my Attak ( Apex LTX), to an Apex, then the Nytro FX RTX, then the XTX. The RTX was a quick steering sled. But I didn't feel confident on it. Mr Sled rides the same machine and likes how this one was set up. When I moved to the XTX, it was like riding my Attak to me. The added length was transparent. The front end felt very similar, but quicker to respond to input. Never felt like it would do anything but what I wanted it to. Better wind protection, that WAS on the RTX we rode, and a bigger gas tank and I would buy one. This machine will do almost everything my Attak does. And with the 144, will no doubt be a much better boondocker.

yeah this anwsered alot of what i was looking for thanks viper dave
hopefully yamaha will read this thread LOL the steering on the 08 fx nytro sucks like you said no confidence in it going into the corners. hopefully they will at least offer an upgrade kit or a modification bulletin

Fasttoys said:
tom i see you gave the cornering an A. have they changed anything for 09? besides the spindles in the front
At the risk of being flamed, which never happens on TY, I offer the following "Opinion" as one of the test riders: It is only an opinion so take it for what it's worth.

While there may be some magic other than the geometry and skid that they didn't tell us about, it should be noted that the rating is from the cast of characters (trail riders) we had testing the sleds. There is no doubt in my mind that certain riders would give the sled a lower rating for the same reason us trail riders rated it high.

The Nytro RTX in stock form and set-up requires a level of focus and concentration that some riders, certainly yours truly, do not care to maintain for lengthy periods of time. My description of the sled is "nervous" and others would call it "responsive". I've been blessed to have had the opportunity to ride quite a number of Nytro RTX and ER models this season and I'm amazed at how sensitive they are to setup. They can be dialed down to be more compliant for more casual riders, such as myself, or tweaked up to be super responsive for more aggressive riders.

The Nytro XTX as ridden was compliant enough to allow for a more relaxed ride in a wider range of conditions. I believe this model will satisfy a broader range of users.

Thank you Mr. Sled for allowing me the opportunity to participate. :flag:

thanks for the input guys :Rockon: just remembering the days of getting on the viper and riding that thing like i stole it. good thing i kept it . im not complaining about the nytro at ALL. i would just like to see if improvments could be made to make it handle better in the corners

Quote MrSled "Thanks for jumping on this Dave...

Both Dave and Steve can answer any questions you have..as well as me."

Remember, you offered, so no :die PLEASE !!! Did you guys notice if the a arms appeared to look stronger or thicker ? Were there any different braces added ? How about the subframe ? Did you happen to notice if that area looks to have more support or thicker mounting points for the a arms ? Did any of the Yamaha reps even mention anything with regards to these topics, and did anyone ask ? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stray away from the topic, however, being that you guys have compared it to the 08 in your evaluations, and since you guys have visually noticed a difference between the 08 and 09 front end, one can't help but ask, plus I'm sure I speak for many who are curious about these issues as well. I believe that Yamaha will address our concerns, but time is running short, and we'd be lucky to see another 7 weeks of riding time, and although I'm sure they want to make sure that the issue is addressed properly, it's difficult to just sit back and wait...

Thanks for the review too guys ! It's very beneficial in many ways when we get an honest review from experienced guys like yourselves ! ;)!

Back