• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro XTX Ride Review!!

is it stable in corners? im coming off an srx i really dont expect it to handle the same way but i still like to take my corners without having 1 ski in the air like my 141 srx..thanks

Will the demo rides after the 13th have the 09 models? - thinking about spring checking an XTX but with never owning a long track I sure would like to ride one first!! - looks as though I would still need to travel to WI or MN!!

I think its more stable in the corners then other 4strokes... but thats me.

As far as Demos, I would think they should have an XTX at next demo rides until the snow is gone but I just came back from Lake Geneva and they did not have one their... no sure why.

huh, thats strange, the XTX was in NY at the demo ride that I went to in mid feb.....I got to ride it for all of about 10 minutes.....very impressive, and no, it didnt lift the ski much at all....the regular nytro that I rode did in fact lift a little bit, but settled quickly, and didnt feel as tippy compared to my former 03 RX1....my 06 Attak isnt nearly as tippy as the 03 RX1 was....I think they've gotten better every year with lightening them, and the rider forward design was the best thing to ever happen to the yammies....I plan on snow checking an XTX but not getting rid of the Attak, thats an awesome trail sled....

I just called Johnson Sales in Portage, WI - they indicated that they would have 09 models to ride - said they have alot of snow and the ride is about 20 minutes - about a 6 hour drive for me but I'm looking forward to riding one!!!! - I let you know when I spring check!! ;)!

ult680 said:
I just did a ride demo on the XTX. I am coming off a Attak that I put a 144 kit on and I found the XTX to be a great sled. It corners much bettter than my Attak and seemed to respond better to driver input. The cornering I am sure is due in part to the tip up rails. As for power the machine had a lot of ski lift and seemed to pull hard until the dream meter read 70 mph. The motor felt a little flat from 70 up. I am sure with some gearing and clutching changes this sled would be great to sport around. The only negatives I found were the gauges seemd too small and hard to read. They look like something you would find on a 80's jetski. The exhaust should dump out the bottom or to the side. This way you could put a rack with a gas can. The small 7 gal tank would also be a problem. If I were going to buy a new sled next year I would put my money down in the spring. I would give it a 7.5 out of 10 rating.

As to the gas can on the back....there will be a saddlebag/gas cans accessory for this!

Excellent write up. I am very interested in buying a four stroker this year and I think you've helped answer some questions for me.

I rode a 08 Vector LTX GT last weekend and has very impressed with the power and ride. That convinced me it was time to switch from 2 smokers. But after doing some research I think the 09 Nitro maybe a better choice.

Thanks for the info. Great site!

RR

I'm not sure how far off the trail you would want venture

Take my comments with a grain of salt and I have not had an oppertunity to test the XTX yet. But I would recomend any real boondockers to make sure that this great trail sled is exactly what they require off piste. I have had a little exposure to a few forms of 136, 144, 153 nytros and they are suitable sleds for certain applications. I am familier with this rear skid and it is not ready to have the guts pounded out of it like the RTX. For the masses that like to run a little powder on the lake it should be great. (as long as you get a windscreen and a larger fuel tank). I was hoping for a version that was more off trail POW friendly.

PB

Attachments

• 1st choice.jpg
    1st choice.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 129
With my 08 fx and the Ulmer 144 rail kit, I do alot of river running with tight corners. The front end is very stable when adjusted properly. I was absolutly amazed on how this sled sticks around corners. Ski lift is very minimal but what impressed me was that the skid didn't wanna kick out like it has on previous 144 sleds I have owned . I don't know much about the xtx skid at all but I know mine took a serious beating last winter without mishap.

2009 XTX review

I got my second chance to put miles on an 09 Yamaha Nytro XTX this weekend in Derby, VT. I was even more impressed this second ride.
I originally rode the XTX in Old Forge, NY last year, but the conditions there were not worth writing a review about. Too warm and trails were soft and nothing handled exceptionally well in those conditions.
This weekend was different...
The weather was in the high teens and low 20s. There had just been rain & 40 degree temps a couple days prior, with an inch or two of light powder that fell on top of the ice that had formed all over the trails. Considering the most common conditions over the last few years, this seemed like typical Northern Vermont trail conditions.
A few icy corners, but hard trails with little lubrication for the sliders.
I signed up and took three different trips around the demo 8-9 mile loop on the Nytro XTX and I'm ready to buy a new one.
That sled definitely handles like a much shorter tracked sled and it hooks up in a straight line like nothing else (considering there were no studs on any demo sleds). I have ridden 08 FX Nytros as well, and the uneasy/twitchy feeling up from seems to have been eliminated. I thought it cornered very flat and predictably. I love the seating position and when standing up you can look ahead and not even see the front of the sled or skis, which provides a great riding experience.
I highly recommend taking a test ride @ a Yamaha Demo event. Especially if it's a smaller event and you get the chance to try multiple machines. Rarely do you get to compare multiple sleds in the same conditions, over the same trails so close together. It really makes it easy to compare the advantages and disadvantages of each sled. In my opinion, there were no disadvantages to the XTX.
I will have a new Nytro XTX either for next season or the one to follow, depending on how this damn economy recovers.

he has never meet me.... I am a big dude.... not someone that you take to lightly.... what do these little pee ons know....LOL

Ya, I felt no need to respond to that post. You KNOW I am a tubby biotch, right MrSled LOL!!

Back