• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro XTX Ride Review!!

Yes tunnel is new and yes it does look like strength was addressed in the new design... I did not get any info on what will be done if anything on the 08s but have been told they are looking into the front end problems that have been submitted to the dealers.

MrSled said:
Yes tunnel is new and yes it does look like strength was addressed in the new design... I did not get any info on what will be done if anything on the 08s but have been told they are looking into the front end problems that have been submitted to the dealers.

Thank You MrSled ;)!

I never rode my fx as a 121, but the things you are saying about the 144 also apply to the 136 that I have. Any of you 121 riders that have never ridden a 136 owe yourself the pleasure of riding one, unless you are a true balls out corner carver the 136 is better in every way from any 121 I have ever ridden.

Thanks for the TTT and linking on the other 9 page XTX discussion (mostly opinions from those that didnt ride it yet)

I also got to test drive the XTX, and liked it alot, and will probably snowcheck one....I have an ATTAK, and love everything about it, except for the fact that it is an absolute tank in powder....90% of the time, I ride groomed trails up in Tug Hill, but the 10% of the time I use it in a boondock or deep powder situation, I always bury it....not fun! Like the others stated, I was hoping for a bigger gas tank....with regard to power, I think the difference in weight between the other long tracks will make up for the decrease in power from the 150HP models....if not, ditch the stock muffler, which will shed some more pounds, and add some power....I'm optomistic about the XTX, but not giving up my ATTAK just yet....the 05 RAGE is getting traded in/sold for the XTX....

I just did a ride demo on the XTX. I am coming off a Attak that I put a 144 kit on and I found the XTX to be a great sled. It corners much bettter than my Attak and seemed to respond better to driver input. The cornering I am sure is due in part to the tip up rails. As for power the machine had a lot of ski lift and seemed to pull hard until the dream meter read 70 mph. The motor felt a little flat from 70 up. I am sure with some gearing and clutching changes this sled would be great to sport around. The only negatives I found were the gauges seemd too small and hard to read. They look like something you would find on a 80's jetski. The exhaust should dump out the bottom or to the side. This way you could put a rack with a gas can. The small 7 gal tank would also be a problem. If I were going to buy a new sled next year I would put my money down in the spring. I would give it a 7.5 out of 10 rating.

Speak for your self Tommy. I like my O'douls LOL!! And Steak, and brats and... well, you get the idea LOL!!

One of the biggest reasons I am thinking about trading off my Attak for the Nytro XTX is for big bump capability. I love my Attak in the studders and trail jargon but it is not very good in the big bumps, even with a Pioneer revalve and big boy spring. How would you guys rate the big bump ability of the XTX vs. the Attak? I saw you gave it a B+ in your ratings, what was holding it back from an A? Thanks, great writeup.

Its a pretty good big bump sled but I think the vavling could be better and with it being a pre production sled, We wanted to state how we felt.

When I rode the XTX they had hardly any rear suspension setup done. We were told to not give any feedback on the rear skids ride. I am sure by the time thay go into production they should have something set in stone. I would look to the 08 Nytro's for ride quality if you wanted to know before you snow checked.

Being a former trail rider from MI and know living in MT, I went to the Expo in W.Yellowstone yesterday to look at the 09's and got to ride the new XTX. First let me say I rented a MTX about a month ago and did not like the front suspension at all (way to tippy, they have addressed this with new springs on the shocks for 09 but no upgrades to the front suspension for the MTX like the rest of the Nytro line up is getting). Also I have not ridden a RTX or regular Nytro so this is not a very good comparison as the MTX has a narrower ski stance and is not a trail sled. I did ride with a friend in the mountains on his 08 40th MTX and the thing rocks in the 2 to 3 ft of fresh powder we had Friday :Rockon: Now back to the XTX, this thing Totally Rocks and boy did I feel at home on this thing!! It stayed planted in the corners, no darting what so ever and handled the wooped out trails fantastic!! This will be my new sled with a few changes of course! I talked to the main Yamaha engineer that was behind the new tunnel that you see on the new RTX SE and the XTX ( which he was pushing for this tunnel on the MTX this year but didn't happen!)and he did say that they were beefing up the front sub frame also. Hopefully they will have more chances for people to ride the XTX before the sno check is over and if you get a chance, Ride it!! Also from my understanding the new front suspension parts will not fit the 08 Nytro's.

Back