• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

g.t. sway bar.

penguinn

Hello i was wondering if anyone has tried changing the settings on there g.t. sway bar. The manual shows multiple settings from very soft to very hard. I have been thinking about changing it see if it helps with the unpredictable handling of this damn thing. Maybe someone has already tried it and could save me some time and work. Thanks.

i've done it. tried a couple different, i think the hard & very soft if i remember right. didn't seem to be a huge difference if that's what your expecting, but it did help cut down on inside ski lift. wasn't as harsh on the softer setting.

sidenote, when i did this adjustments my swaybar was bent & swaybar bushings were shot so i may have not seen the full affect.
(swaybar is now laying in the garage)

Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone tried with and which setting did they find was better?

Voda2000 said:
Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone tried with and which setting did they find was better?

I just adjusted my sway bar to full hard. So I will report back with my results. But after talking to Schmidt brothers they claim there sway bar fixes all the ill handling problems the phazer has. So if my sway bar doesn't help any I might just bit the bullet and get one of the Schmidt brothers one. It is really expensive but I'm told it is worth it.

I went to full hard with my wifes GT and it made a big difference to her. Also, I seem to remember the skis can be remounted to a little wider ski stance, if that was the case, I did that as well. ANyway, it handles fine for her as well as me when I take it out for hard rides with the boys. Sometimes I'll take that out for an evening rip instead of the RX1 (heavy mods to handle like an Apex).

Back