• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gap Flasher Issues

yamaha06

VIP Member
So I have updated my flasher to the latest firmware so I can send my ecu info to get hooked up with my dash flash. The only problem is once I have updated the flasher I cannot connect to it when it’s installed on the sled. I have tried deleting the app like 10 times, and re-installing it. I have tried updating the flasher with the new firmware again, but still no luck. I have tried downloading the app on a new phone and still cannot get it to connect. Has anyone else ran into issues like this?

Have you tried logging off and then back on again?

All I have been doing after a firmware update is turning the phone off then back on again.

Last edited:
I had an issue with mine last time I did a firmware update, I can't remember the exact symptom. I called Hurricane and they and GAP got it straightened out in no time with an updated firmware

Just remembered, lol, mine would get to the bluetooth driver in the update and fail

I haven't been able to get mine to send email to dave to get tunes sent to me, reads the sled fine but when i hit the letter to send him the info it won't go, not sure why, anyone tell me what I'm doin wrong?

This may be a lil off topic...but I think it may be related a bit. Was gonna start a specific thread for this ...but might as well put it here..because my gut tells me it’s related somehow????

I downloaded the App on my phone and connected to the sled successfully on December 23...all seemed good. Last week in my first ride of the year, and with my New SM tune bundle from Hurricane, my sled all of a sudden is reading 560 miles more on the odometer, than the last time It was started??? I tried to check everything, reset everything, but to no avail. I have the cluster flash and flash to pass button which work very nicely...but the sled somehow gained 560 miles just sitting in the trailer lol????

Emailed Dave at Hurricane, and he only said he’s Never had to deal with any issues with odometers showing wrong mileages?

Also the cluster won’t recall the last highest RPM’s either...it only says 9545 all the time when you press and hold the button for that??? What the heck does 9545 mean lol...is that the Rev limiter number??

So...my cluster seemed all fine after the tunes were installed, but ever since I hooked up with the GAP APP, and paired up it seems a few weird things have seemed to happen as described above??

Maybe it was like this before the App was installed, and happened when the tunes were installed a few weeks prior, but I only noticed it after the App was activated and paired?

And Neither Dave, nor the dealer who did the work for me has any answers, or has ever seen this before..they are both baffled too?

Not a huge deal...cuz I can subtract 560 miles in my head and know my sled mileage..but just odd that it did this?

Any answers or insight welcome?? And certainly not trying to hijack the thread...but for some reason I think they’re related somehow? Be nice if Patrick from GAP knows anything about this?

Baffled??

So I have updated my flasher to the latest firmware so I can send my ecu info to get hooked up with my dash flash. The only problem is once I have updated the flasher I cannot connect to it when it’s installed on the sled. I have tried deleting the app like 10 times, and re-installing it. I have tried updating the flasher with the new firmware again, but still no luck. I have tried downloading the app on a new phone and still cannot get it to connect. Has anyone else ran into issues like this?
Is Bluetooth enabled on your phone? Is the ignition on? Is your battery over 11.5 volts?

This may be a lil off topic...but I think it may be related a bit. Was gonna start a specific thread for this ...but might as well put it here..because my gut tells me it’s related somehow????

I downloaded the App on my phone and connected to the sled successfully on December 23...all seemed good. Last week in my first ride of the year, and with my New SM tune bundle from Hurricane, my sled all of a sudden is reading 560 miles more on the odometer, than the last time It was started??? I tried to check everything, reset everything, but to no avail. I have the cluster flash and flash to pass button which work very nicely...but the sled somehow gained 560 miles just sitting in the trailer lol????

Emailed Dave at Hurricane, and he only said he’s Never had to deal with any issues with odometers showing wrong mileages?

Also the cluster won’t recall the last highest RPM’s either...it only says 9545 all the time when you press and hold the button for that??? What the heck does 9545 mean lol...is that the Rev limiter number??

So...my cluster seemed all fine after the tunes were installed, but ever since I hooked up with the GAP APP, and paired up it seems a few weird things have seemed to happen as described above??

Maybe it was like this before the App was installed, and happened when the tunes were installed a few weeks prior, but I only noticed it after the App was activated and paired?

And Neither Dave, nor the dealer who did the work for me has any answers, or has ever seen this before..they are both baffled too?

Not a huge deal...cuz I can subtract 560 miles in my head and know my sled mileage..but just odd that it did this?

Any answers or insight welcome?? And certainly not trying to hijack the thread...but for some reason I think they’re related somehow? Be nice if Patrick from GAP knows anything about this?

Baffled??
The other day I hit the max rpm recall on gauge and it showed 9545 Also?
I will pm Patrick!

;)!:beer:Boy I’m glad I just got the tune, none of the other stuff mentioned, plus I never had a problem with my flip phone

Yes...I think the issues are with GAP. I spoke with Patrick through PM right before Xmas..super nice guy btw, and he helped me set mine up. But I think some of these issues are definitely with the software.

Not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things..but we certainly want these things addressed.

The other day I hit the max rpm recall on gauge and it showed 9545 Also?
I will pm Patrick!

Ok...then it’s not just me lol...

But apparently my sled goes riding by itself now cuz I have an extra 560 miles on mine too while it was sitting in the trailer. lmao!!

Left my sled in Maine cuz my next trip is a couple weeks away(I have the flasher with me)...I wonder how many more miles will be on it when I return????? Lol!

Whenever I’ve had issues, it’s been related to the WiFi and my hot spot not having signal. Or not being logged in to GAP on the app.

It’s alwaus something simple like that but sure gets frustrating.

As for the mileage changing, well that’s something I’ve never run across before. That’s a question for GAP.

I installed sm bundle, cluster flash, and communicator on my new sled right after xmas. Everything went fine but the first thing I noticed was a slight difference in the trip meter versus OD, .2 mile difference and the hrs went from
.6 to .2 not a big deal but strange. Then I noticed the tach recall does not clear anymore when tuning off engine like it did before the flash. reads 9320 rpm. Called Dave and he said he hadn't heard of that and Gap was on holiday. Everything else seems to work fine. Trying to check clutching with rpm recall not working is useless.

But apparently my sled goes riding by itself now cuz I have an extra 560 miles on mine too while it was sitting in the trailer. lmao!!

Left my sled in Maine cuz my next trip is a couple weeks away(I have the flasher with me)...I wonder how many more miles will be on it when I return????? Lol!
I pm'd Patrick from Gap (on this site )
Hopefully he can post his thoughts and solutions!

Be time to adjust the valves before you know it

Back