• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gap Flasher Issues

Thanks fatchance and other replies, I don't have the dash flash, just the GAP module with tune bundles loaded. Was just thinking it might be wise to keep it concealed and pull it out as needed. I run SM tune bundle at 240 primarily, and it suits me just fine for an old(er) guy with a healthy sense of fear and common sense! lol.
Cheers

Only need when changing tune fella! Store it in your goggle bag and sennnnd it! Should probably run 270 though, just sayin' !

I have flash to pass and data logging, plus I like the "Dashboard" on my phone so I keep it plugged in while riding. I have experienced the flasher drain my battery so I leave it plugged in for my multi-day trips but since My sled spends part of the year in Maine I keep the flasher with me so I can update when ever it may be prior to meeting up with my sled again.

I was offered to buy the replacement for $200 from Gap and that seems to be my best option. I wish I knew why I've had to replace 2 of them.

I put a piece of electrical tape over the computer cable port to keep moisture out.
I leave mine plugged in while riding.
I Bluetooth it to my tablet and use the dashboard to switch tunes and also look at the sensor readings. Nice big numbers.

44398.jpeg

I also have the dash flash and have never left the flasher connected to the sled other than to update the flasher and add new tunes. Last upgrade was the closed loop and the flasher would not update to the latest firmware so ended up needing a new micro chip card reader and then it worked. Just curious how much a new flasher would run me if I were to have problems in the future. I have the 240,270,300 SS juke box,dash flash, anti lag,closed loop and also the flash to pass button. I would prefer to not have the flasher plugged in most of the time.
What is this micro card chip reader? Is that in the flasher tool? How did you change it?

Only time mine has been out of the sled is to update the tunes then right back in. I'm with you Tim, it's nice and easy to see those great big digits on the iPad. Takes allot less time to see so i can keep my eyes on the trail.

I do the same. Tape over the cable port. I never take it off my sled all year, only in the summer.

Yes the micro chip card is inside the flasher. Had to open up the flasher kind of like replacing a battery in a key pod for your vehicle. Doesn’t come apart that easy.

Hmmm. Once my new one arrives and is working I may dissect the old one. In light of our mail issues here, I am astonished this thing is waiting at my house one day after Gap sent me a tracking number.

Installed Hurricane close loop last week, now flash to pass works when it wants to and anti lag does not work at all. Settings show that they are activated, any ideas? Can use some help, thanks.

Installed Hurricane close loop last week, now flash to pass works when it wants to and anti lag does not work at all. Settings show that they are activated, any ideas? Can use some help, thanks.
Wish I had all those problems, do you ever ride?

1000 miles so far you

Did you unplug the A/F module power and flat plugs prior to flashing in the closed loop programing? I've heard not doing so can corrupt the flashes.

Otherwise Anti-Lag now needs to be enabled on the phone, but it sounds like you've already done that.

Yes I did unplug af phone app says anti lag on

Yes I did unplug af phone app says anti lag on

Did you try altering the anti lag parameters and save them to default at all? Id try that to see if they stick and become active. I wonder if you're losing connection to the switch off the bottom of the flasher? Or is the button going bad suddenly that tune switching is not working.

Now that I think about this, if the button is not working to switch tunes, it is not going to activate the anti-lag either. Could be a common issue, bad button or bad connection to the button.

Back