• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas Can Caddy on 121" Phazers

biffdotorg

VIP Member
Website
www.biff.org
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex XTX and Viper LTX SE
WEBSITE
www.biff.org
So has anyone found a good gas can/caddy solution for the short track phazers?

I would take the tool box off and bolt one down on the tunnel, but I fear the heat from the exhaust. Or would an exhaust turn-out be possible. Or is the heat so little, that I should not worry about it?

I'm to the point now that I think I will purchase two .5ltr MSR Fuel Bottles and a Tourtech bottle rack to carry extra fuel.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show. ... 46017F8DAB

These bottles would give me a little bit more than a quart of spare fuel. The MSR bottles should be able to handle the pressure and bouncing.

Your ideas are appreciated.

Go old school and bring a gallon in a used windshield fluid jug. When you're down enough, top her up then throw the spent jug in the woods.

EDIT: This statement was intended as a joke by the author. Please do not get offended.

Ruckus said:
Go old school and bring a gallon in a used windshield fluid jug. When you're down enough, top her up then throw the spent jug in the woods.

Nice, throwing garbage in the woods :o| Please tell me you are joking :die.

radianguy said:
Ruckus said:

Nice, throwing garbage in the woods :o| Please tell me you are joking :die.

Yes, it was a joke. Jeez bye lighten up. :)

PattyJack said:
Although Newfoundland is the most non green province in Canada. :D
And I wonder why? With statements like the one above what do you expect! I see it all too often, people can bring their #*$&@ in the woods but can't bring it out. Makes me sick!

And it doesn't have to be in the woods, for some reason people think it's fine to throw their garbage out the car window, Tim Horton's cups, McDonalds bags...

Anyway I've gone off course here, back to the original question. Have you considered the saddle bag/fuel caddies? I have a tour buddy coming for my Nytro, but I have resorted to strapping a gas can to the running board and hauling gas in windshield bottles in my saddle bags, and yes I took the empty bottles out with me!

radianguy said:
PattyJack said:
Although Newfoundland is the most non green province in Canada. :D
And I wonder why? With statements like the one above what do you expect! I see it all too often, people can bring their poop in the woods but can't bring it out. Makes me sick!

Really? Its because of a joke? Dude, I recycle everything, compost everything and grow my own vegetables from said compost. We use CFL's and passive solar lighting in our house. I burn dead fall in a highly efficient EPA stove that cuts down on my heating oil by 75%. I also drive a 50cc Honda scooter that gets 100 mpg. And no, I don't bring my poop out of the woods, I leave it there. Poop is actually quite good for the soil. Where's your Newfoundland sense of humor? If you notice in my previous post the first words were...you can go old school...doesn't that imply past tense to you? ie: an old way of thinking? Besides, there's so few of us here that no matter what we do its not going to have a major impact on the environment. The population density of Newfoundland and Labrador is 2.19 people per square mile (0.85 people/km²) which ranks us 10th in population density. Unless you are in an urban area like St. John's. which still only has 99,182 people (2007), we are not really having that much of an impact. If every living soul in NL were to drive to Gander every day to dump their Garbage it would take 2 months to produce the same amount of waste that Toronto produces in one day. I don't condone polluting in any form and we may be the "least green" province, but in reality this place is 99.9% pure untouched wilderness. Am I wrong?

My sense of humour is fine! Seriously what did you expect for a response when you said throw it in the woods when emptied? You may not polute the environment but many people do. I don't know you so I didn't know you were joking, either way it wasn't a very smart response, even though you may think it was!

Once again, back on topic.

Fuel options

So, no, I have not tried the saddlebag tanks.

Are those specific to the Nytro, or could they be mounted on the Phazer? I had only seen them listed under the nytro options. When I first read about them on Yamaha talk, they were jacked about them since they required no drilling and would mount on the Nytro with existing holes and bolts.

I would assume anything could be retro-fitted to other sleds with a little help.

For the size, I may buy a couple of the MSR bottles and put them in my tank bag. They do seal up nice, and can take the beating. If I get to the point that I need more space, I may look at the tourtech option for mounting.

Tourbuddy should make a tank for the phazer. I only see them for the other sleds.

Thank you for the ideas!!

Back