• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas tank pressure

Teamblue4

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex XTX
2013 Apex SE
2014 Apex SE
2014 Apex XTX
Gas tank build's pressure and make strange noises, anybody else notice this? It will blow the cap about 4" off the tank when you loosen it

I got the fuel tank 90 degree fitting updated last year. Can’t remember but I think it went from red to black but anyways, mine did the same this year, but I do not see it as a problem whereas my sled just runs strong, start fine, idles fine and mpg seems much the same as usual. Max Spool 16 all the way!!!

Mine does it from day 1. Especially when heating up the garage quickly and it starts whistling.

Whistling is very normal. This has been discussed on here. Just make sure vent line isn’t pinched. It’s all good on this venting issue. Don’t overthink this guys.

Mine does exactly same thing and also another 3 sleds. It’s normal due to emissions control so no HC get released into the atmosphere Normal.

Pan

When I store the sled or leave it in a warm garage on trips I always loosen the cap. Lets any expansion/contraction inside out.

MS

The funny thing is. when i first owned this sled i kept hearing this high pitch dog whistle type of noise coming from the garage.
I thought the Government was tapping my garage with secret spy equipment trying to figure out how a 50 year old skinny white boy can ride so hard & still look 35 after 300 miles.
Turns out it was my gas cap.......

Back