• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gauge swap

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
What info is stored in the gauge cluster? I have some damage to the back of mine and it wont lock back into the mounting hole due to a piece missing from the round locking mechanism.If I have to change the gauge to another one will I have to take it to a dealer to have the info like mileage downloaded to the new one?Or is it possible to fix the locking mechanism on the back of the gauge cluster? Once I get it out I can take a pic of the missing piece but it is missing a piece from the bottom section that locks into the hood.

Mileage is stored in the gauge. Hours are stored in the ecu. So the gauge will read zero if new or if you buy a used, whatever kms are on that gauge.

Another thought, you could swap the guts from your original to the undamaged housing.
Well that was another question I should have posted here as well and thanks for reminding me.How big a job is it to take the housing apart? I haven't even looked at it that closely yet.

Well that was another question I should have posted here as well and thanks for reminding me.How big a job is it to take the housing apart? I haven't even looked at it that closely yet.
I believe the gauges are sealed. Don’t think it comes apart without breaking it. You could just silicone your gauge in. It doesn’t really need to come out.

If you do need a used gage cluster, I do have one from a 2019 winder—- 3800 miles—- but I would find a way to make yours work—- the silicone idea should be good— Tod

Last edited:
If you do need a used gage cluster, I do have one from a 2019 winder—- 3800 miles—- but I would find a way to make yours work—- the silicone idea should be good— Tod
I managed to find the broken piece of my gauge lock ring and plastic welded it back together. It needs a little tweaking but it should work.

Or fashion a JB Weld repair. I had to repair the tab on my Apex headlight from taking a pretty huge unexpected, and luckily successful, flight once and lo and behold BOP actually makes a repair kit for that. Meaning that a common weak point may have been solved by some other Macguyver somewhere already.

Back