• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gearing and clutching for 136"x1.75" track

jsnow

Veteran
Sorry if this is a repost at all but I was doing some searches and just could not come up with all the answers I need!
SO.. I am trying to figure out the gearing and clutching for a 136" nytro with a 1.75 back country track, I am going to drop the top gear to a 20T or a 19T.. opinions?.. And is that all I need or will I have to get into clutching? I am fairly good with clutch tuning but I would just like to know from peoples experience if it is necessary with this setup!
Thanks in advance for any info!!

jsnow said:
Ok thanks! Anyone with any personal experience!?

I've been running 136x1.75 for the last 3 seasons in the flatlands and the mountains.

I'm running a 19 top and Schmidt Bros Stage II clutch kit. Schmidt bros kit works very well. Big improvement over the DNF kit I was running before.

If you ride lots of backcountry I would go to the 19, I still get to 87- 90 mph on the trails. (94 of the speedo)

If you ride on the trails with the 136" BC you can get away with stock gearing and pull 100 mph. I would run a 20 for sure if you plan on being off trail alot. I would run a 19 if you are only going to be strictly off trail or plan on going to the mountains.

Thanks for the info guys. REVSTER I have reviewed your build it turned out to be a nice piece of work ;)! I was planning on going with the same OFT kit but oft stopped making their rail extension.
But.. yes I do alot of trail riding but love the backcountry.. so it sounds like dropping a tooth or 2 up top and a clutch kit is my best bet...

Back