• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gearing?

Just kidding kind of. Front is not bolted on slide action.

I still need help on what you mean..?

Just figured out how to do the WOT......when I pull it out to wash with the tractor..going to strap to the bucket hook..lift it....that should be safe...I'll try and vid the KPH too bad it didn't display like the RPM

Need to get to the dealer as well..still getting oil run out...It drips to the 100 K run..so running 200k drips more than 100 k..I can't help think it may be the map...as it is still hard to start and smokes huge on startup.

I still need help on what you mean..?

Just figured out how to do the WOT......when I pull it out to wash with the tractor..going to strap to the bucket hook..lift it....that should be safe...I'll try and vid the KPH too bad it didn't display like the RPM

Need to get to the dealer as well..still getting oil run out...It drips to the 100 K run..so running 200k drips more than 100 k..I can't help think it may be the map...as it is still hard to start and smokes huge on startup.
Front of the skid (upper arm) slides on shaft. It's not bolted in the sled there. Only bolts hold skid in are two at the top of the rear arm.

Front of the skid (upper arm) slides on shaft. It's not bolted in the sled there. Only bolts hold skid in are two at the top of the rear arm.
X2 I don't think it will fall out but never pinned it on stand to find out. I have seen it done on other sleds and track balloons a good 6-12" from skid at bottom.

X2 I don't think it will fall out but never pinned it on stand to find out. I have seen it done on other sleds and track balloons a good 6-12" from skid at bottom.
I don't think it's possible with the forward transfer stops at the rear scissor. Only way front arm can come back is if the rear lower scissor pivots forward, and the stops prevent that.

Last edited:
The top end on stock vipers are actually right in line with the class specification(600)
I was at radar runs 2 weeks ago and was seeing any where from 80 to 105mph for the stock class...(true# on radar)
The only thing I think people get hung up on is that the speedo on a viper is very accurate...
For example my buddy's xcr 600 ran 110 on speedo but 102 on radar
The top end on a viper may be slightly lower due to the weight difference from a 2 stroke

The top end on stock vipers are actually right in line with the class specification(600)
I was at radar runs 2 weeks ago and was seeing any where from 80 to 105mph for the stock class...(true# on radar)
The only thing I think people get hung up on is that the speedo on a viper is very accurate...
For example my buddy's xcr 600 ran 110 on speedo but 102 on radar
Yup but pretty easy to run with the 800's if modded!

Like some sno-x race sleds..are in a U channel and can move...up front I thought mine was bolted..I'll look..

Like some sno-x race sleds..are in a U channel and can move...up front I thought mine was bolted..I'll look..
If RTX or LTX, U channel, not bolted.

you can list your sled in your profile and it will show up so we aren't guessing LOL

I'm not really sure what pinning the thing to redline on a stand will accomplish. All it will do is hit the rev limiter and I doubt you would get an accurate speedo reading when the track has no drag or load on it. Wouldn't it change the clutching big time? Not trying to start an argument, just can't see what it'll tell you and these motors are expensive to repair...

Back