• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Genesis Extreme Shut Off

dfroster said:
OK, if low fuel then why would the engine temp indicator show on the gauge after the engine dies? Not enough fuel to run the radiator?

When the engine is off the red temp light will light up, no power to the ECU. If the yellow temp light is on when your running your hot.

Happy holidays to everyone[even the Doo,Cat and Poo guys]. Let it snowww!!!!!

Holy Cow Defroster see what you started. A simple question and its taken three pages to put you in the same place you were two hours ago. LMAO

The guage is simple.

RED Light--- coolant temp is too cold-- let engine idle until red light goes out before reving

YELLOW Light -- is an attention getter--CAUTION-- look for the icon in top of gauge to tell you why it came on

If the temp icon is in view, then the engine is overheating and you should shut it down or it will shutdown on its own.

If the fuel icon is in view, then you are low on fuel.

I have idled my Attak, with several bursts up to 8000, for as long as 10 mins with no overtemp or shutdown. I had the fuel level warn come on with 1 bar showing, I fueled up before it quit.

I have a friend who has run Attak in garage for up to 15 mins before the temp warning appeared. If yours quits after 5 mins I would check your coolant level.

My Attak, on my first ride was cutting out every time i hit the throttle. It was showing one and somtimes two bars of fuel. At first i thought it was the hesitation you guys had been talking about but it felt like it was running out of gas. Low and behold it was. I for one will never run below three bars. I know there was a little over a gallon of gas in my sled at the time because i assembled it out of the crate and gassed it up. Just be aware all the gas in the tank might not be usable.

Pig,
The reason this is going so long is because he didn't put gas in it, and make a post stating " you guys were right, it was out of gas".

Generally when your lite comes on it does mean low fuel when you are showing one bar,as our sleds have been driven in those conditions,we just kept on driving and made it back to the truck for fuel,now w/the 03 rx1 you had 3 gal.left when the light first came on,and i thought this was the same way,so i was not worried,and i was waiting for the fuel pump picture that is on gage to start blinking,it never did,but we drove for about 20 miles after orange lite came on and when we put in 5.5 gal on return back to the truck it was almost full just one lg. bar left..

was up in the UP on Saturday and after 90 miles my buddy riding my 700 SX broke down we stopped and I left my RTX idle while we looked at it and it shut down also. There is an overheat sensor that shuts down if temp rises into certain temp range. It was about 15 and the exchangers were hot an the fan was running but without air and snow it cant keep the temp down especially on a new engine.

I had the same issue and it was definitely because I had one bar worth of gas. It would run for a few minutes then turn itself off with the yellow light and the gas gauge icon showing. I added gas at home and it did not turn off after. However, it would not surprise me that it would turn off after idling too long. It would be cool to think that the low gas sensor actually would turn of the sled if you left it running too long at idle. Add gas and try again. ;)!

dave

Back