• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Genesis Performance Module, I got one!!

bottlerocket said:
Man 87gt you think your track was racheting last year wait the 20 minutes and you will be hazing the drive wheels !

LOL! The ratcheting was the yr before! Last December I installed new drivers! Then broke my ankle a few weeks later and didn't get any riding in!

Ok, tonight I read the instructions in full.

Basically for our application, it reads as this:
Simply take the Black Wire from your Genesis Module and connect it to anyone of the two wires on your IAT sensor using one of the blue connectors provided. Then take the Module's Blue Wire and connect it to the remaining IAT sensor wire using the remaining blue connector provided.

Here is a pic of the Scotchlock connectors they provide

43082400.jpg

Here is a pic of how I interpret the instructions (sorry for the obscure drawing!)

modpics.jpg

I am going to put a toggle switch in one side of the Module's wires so I can toggle it back and forth.
Keep in mind, I have a wide band O2 sensor to monitor the Air/Fuel ratio!

Also, I am not going to use those crappy Blue Scotchlocks...I'll solder my connections!

of course if you need more fuel on an apex you can simply adjust a/f ratios on board, but from my expierence most stockers run rich in wot on the dyno.
for example my 2003 tiburon v6 bone stock 148 whp afr was 10.9:1 very rich, installed a maf controller under wot it modifys the signal so iwas running 12.5:1 picked up 9 whp

blue er said:
of course if you need more fuel on an apex you can simply adjust a/f ratios on board, but from my expierence most stockers run rich in wot on the dyno.
for example my 2003 tiburon v6 bone stock 148 whp afr was 10.9:1 very rich, installed a maf controller under wot it modifys the signal so iwas running 12.5:1 picked up 9 whp

There are no adjustments on board as you speak of, other than the CO adjustments, that only affects idle. (keep in mind, I have a wideband and PC with timing module)

steve 05 RX-1 said:
It should "richen" the fuel as cold air is more dense thus requiring more fuel in the cold.

The 7.3 powerstroke guys were installing 10k resistors on the air intake temp tricking computer into make it seem colder air and thus dumping more fuel which adds some hp.

Either way the change should show up on the wideband.

I also don't think it adds fuel, it may remove, hence the IAT thinking it's warmer...who knows!

Second, not to go off topic, but I think if the 7.3 added fuel, it was to offset them turning up the boost. I needs air somehow!

Let's wait for my wideband! I might get to at least idle the sled this weekend with it installed!!

I removed the link to ebay posted by Grimm as it's against the site posting rules to post links to ebay.

rxrider
TY Management

Progress!!
I hope to install the unit tomorrow with a temporary toggle switch.

Here is a pic of the resistance. The dial on the meter is set at 20K ohms. The reading is 4.63
Someone tell me what that is? How many decimal points need moving?

Attachments

• 4632.jpg
    4632.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 88
87gtNOS said:
Progress!!
I hope to install the unit tomorrow with a temporary toggle switch.

Here is a pic of the resistance. The dial on the meter is set at 20K ohms. The reading is 4.63
Someone tell me what that is? How many decimal points need moving?

No need to move it. That is 4.63K ohms or 4,630 ohms. If it's just a resistor in there it's likely a 5K resistor +/- 10%.

So crack that mamma-jamma open if you can!! Or is it a sealed unit? Is it just a single 5k resistor mounted on a circuit board? Or is there more to it? Let's dispell this myth!!

--Steve (O.C.)

:Rockon: :Rockon:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 75
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    166 KB · Views: 77
Im waiting on the edge of my seat to hear the ride report... Cant wait to hear, esp. since you have the toggle to switch back and forth and see if there is actually any power and the wide band to see what this thing actually does.....

I was riding in the field for about 10 minutes and can't say I notice any difference. Mind you, we only had 6" of snow!!

What I do think I could see with the wideband was a change in A/F ratio when the switch is flipped at IDLE. Keep in mind, I don't have anywhere to cruise on the sled yet.
If idle A/F was 12.54, I flip on the Genesis and the A/F changes to 12.77 . These are approximations...

Bring on the cold!! Freeze up our lakes!!

Back