• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Glad to see a 2010 SE after paying for an 09 Special model

LJ 452 said:
I'm happy to see that the only real change to the S.E. appears to be different wheels (which I've already changed) and different grips. To me that tells me that Yamaha, and apparently there developement team feels they got it right in 09'.

One more change not mentioned, and perhaps the most significant, Extrovert Drivers and a fully clipped track.

Grimm said:
Ah well, we had that exclusivity of having one for a season. I can't believe how many other riders I met on the trails would ask me questions about my sled...I felt special. :-o

I guess that due to the popularity of the SE, it was an easy, and smart choice for Yamaha to offer it again...better than a Fusion 900 right?

If someone buys a 2010 SE this year, I feel alright about it as the MSRP of the new 2010 is $1500 more than last year.

I dont think its just the SE where ever I stop on my 08 RTX People are Asking Me questions

Personally with the way the Global Economy Is I think Yamaha DOO and AC are gonna have extremly tough years especially with POOs sleds all being Relativly cheap and Not havin the Type of Issues The Yamahas and DOOs are havin that IMO I dont no how accurate that is but thats just how i feel

AKrider said:
I saw a new '09 SE advertised for sale in a flyer from a Yamaha dealer (here in Alaska). I thought that was kind of funny because they weren't supposed to be available unless you ordered one in the spring.

I see a few of them at random dealers here in WI.

It is no surprise that Yamaha made an 2010 SE edition as well. Those of you that expected to get the only nytro SE for 09 have blinders on.

If you want the exclusivity of owning an apparent SE machine, then you expect to pay more for this. Also, you should expect that there will be future SE models. If you want one of those, buy a new one. The manufacturers LOVE that type of buyer.

I passed on buying the limited build xc in 2000 and got the standard one. To me it was not worth the 600 extra dollars over the standard one. I do know that less than 500 of those limited edge model xc's were made. How many nytro Se's were made? I bet a lot more than 500 because I see quite a few of them.

I say if you want the SE for it's better suspension, then the extra couple hundred dollars was worth it. If you want it for the exclusivity, you should modify the sled yourself to really make it a special edition.

This applies to any limited, or special edition of anything, cars, boats, bikes, sleds, hell, even lawnmowers.

garserio said:
LJ 452 said:
I'm happy to see that the only real change to the S.E. appears to be different wheels (which I've already changed) and different grips. To me that tells me that Yamaha, and apparently there developement team feels they got it right in 09'.

One more change not mentioned, and perhaps the most significant, Extrovert Drivers and a fully clipped track.

Correct, they did add Extros and clips too, plus the single ply Rip I believe. For me these weren't changes per say, I changed my track to a fully punched 128" Hacksaw and haven't ratcheted yet. That's with the track free hanging below the drive lug, or what I would consider loose. With this and Poo hifax/hyfax I'm showing no apparent wear anywhere on the length of the rail. I did 128" but I don't think that has much to do with the above other than I think the sled should come that way. Looks better, feels better, and should help get the torque to the snow. But since it’s all a weight game now I wouldn’t expect to see that any time soon.

Back