• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Good article on the front end we raced

Fantastic article but when I hear this sled offers an optimized front end why not make this upgrade available to the public... The 128" rails look alot like cats old skid.

It is avalable just have to apply for the race program. Im sure if you want to race a nytro and meet the application guide lines they can help you out. I remember seeing a part# for it.

You can buy it with their part number for a whopping $8,000.00 est I was told. I'm sure soon or later we will have a version of this coming out to be a new SE or race version to compete against the Cat race version sno pro's and ski doo race style production sleds. Just like doo has the X model we have the rtx, but by others going past the X and trail sleds, Yamaha will have to follow. This front end is quite tricked out with that new lower center of gravity, different geometry and the crazy weight loss over stock. We all know it's wanted and or needed for the nytro. If not there would not be such a demand or want for jre, skinz, z-bros etc on the nytro for hard riding nytro owners. Great article btw. Can't wait for those improvements to work their way in some form to the public.

That sled should be in the Yamaha sled brochure as a new model for sale. Why won't they just make these necessary changes and improve their product?

I moved my skid back using Star Suspension's Kit, on the 08 nytro's the front and rear brackets are mounted inside the tunnel. I put on a cobra track and yes the handling is greatly improved. Didnt get but 3 rides on it because of the lack of snow. But I like it.

mnman309 said:
I moved my skid back using Star Suspension's Kit, on the 08 nytro's the front and rear brackets are mounted inside the tunnel. I put on a cobra track and yes the handling is greatly improved. Didnt get but 3 rides on it because of the lack of snow. But I like it.

Does star have a site in english? I never heard of them and tried to read what they sell, and what it does, but it's in French. Thanks

From what i have seen most turbo kits are in that 5 to 6 grand area and people dont seam to mind that price. For what you get in the kit 8 grand isnt so out of line IMO.

FYI, polaris had some proto sno cross track this year that was supposed to be commercially available to be legal to race that had a price of 5 grand!

From what i have seen most turbo kits are in that 5 to 6 grand area and people dont seam to mind that price. For what you get in the kit 8 grand isnt so out of line IMO.

well you figure a trail system usually is $1500-$2000 for shocks then another $1000-$1,800 for a-arms and spindles would put a mass marketed setup around $2500-$3800. So you are basically doubling that to get a Mercedes

sheetwright said:
mnman309 said:

Does star have a site in english? I never heard of them and tried to read what they sell, and what it does, but it's in French. Thanks

Some English here...

http://www.starsuspensions.com/XTXA.htm

This looks like a awesome sled! The Yamaha XC sleds did awesome this past winter. This kit must be the hot ticket for the Nytro!

Would be nice to be able to buy pieces instead of the whole kit, for instance I would like to have the bulkhead and the "A" arms.

The Sled is very nicely done and incorporates allot of the parts and ideas that can be had in the aftermarket, but that bulk head would sure be nice to have !!

mj

Back