• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Good article on the front end we raced

upei93 said:
sheetwright said:
mnman309 said:
I moved my skid back using Star Suspension's Kit, on the 08 nytro's the front and rear brackets are mounted inside the tunnel. I put on a cobra track and yes the handling is greatly improved. Didnt get but 3 rides on it because of the lack of snow. But I like it.

Does star have a site in english? I never heard of them and tried to read what they sell, and what it does, but it's in French. Thanks

Some English here...

http://www.starsuspensions.com/XTXA.htm

Do they have a english page for the shorty nytro? Im on my phone and couldnt find one.

vip9 said:
From what i have seen most turbo kits are in that 5 to 6 grand area and people dont seam to mind that price. For what you get in the kit 8 grand isnt so out of line IMO.

I don't know what Yamaha does for their racers in terms of price discounting. But, consider the sled is 11,000+ then add another few grand for bars, track, drivers, mods mentioned that aren't in the front end kit. Now add another 2,500 for shocks (your not going to use the stockers and survive). So you are somewhere around 15-16 grand for a race sled that may not make it one race. Now you want me to put 8 grand into the front end to FIX problems with the original design? So now your in the ballpark of 22-24K for a race sled? How can any grassroots racers operate with these costs? Brand X offers a well handling, lightweight, well suspended sled for less than half that, you can buy a lot of pistons and rings for 10k, hell you can buy a backup sled and outfit that sled for the cost of this.

Forget all of that and just consider that it's a trail sled it's still 18-20 grand at a minimum! They need to get these (or at least most of it) to the public sale-able units. I'm thinking the Nytro is either getting axed or a major revamp that doesn't validate incorporating these changes to the current line.

sorenson1610 said:
upei93 said:
sheetwright said:
mnman309 said:
I moved my skid back using Star Suspension's Kit, on the 08 nytro's the front and rear brackets are mounted inside the tunnel. I put on a cobra track and yes the handling is greatly improved. Didnt get but 3 rides on it because of the lack of snow. But I like it.

Does star have a site in english? I never heard of them and tried to read what they sell, and what it does, but it's in French. Thanks

Some English here...

http://www.starsuspensions.com/XTXA.htm

Do they have a english page for the shorty nytro? Im on my phone and couldnt find
one.

No English for the shorty but I believe if you call them they speak English...my buddy has the XTX set up and it works, I might buck up for one this fall.

I dont think the kit was ever intended to be bought by every nytro owner just those who wanted to race cross country. As far as an expensive sled perhaps but there are alot of people on this site that have 20 grand into there sled. Is it for everyone no but if you want to race and are serious about it you will buy it.

vip9 said:
I dont think the kit was ever intended to be bought by every nytro owner just those who wanted to race cross country. As far as an expensive sled perhaps but there are alot of people on this site that have 20 grand into there sled. Is it for everyone no but if you want to race and are serious about it you will buy it.

X2 :Rockon:

Here's my take on cost stack up! Used nytro $4500 track is $600 from tracks usa, differnt skis free if your a sposored racer or $200 at haydays ,revalved stock shocks Carver performance, he has been doing race setups with thease shocks for years $175, studs $300 front end kit under 8 grand if you have the ability to actually race and be competitive. So 14,000 and that is with buying a sled i would assume most already have the sled in that case its 9,000 if your good enough to get sponsors it gose down from there.

bottlerocket said:
What competitive racer starts with a used sled? :exc:

Alot of guys buy a one or two year old sled. XC is not like Snox no need for a NEW sled.

Plus the Nytro hs not changed for years and motor runs forever

bottlerocket said:
Interesting or shocking really. Wish I could see a race sometime.

Unfortunately it looks like the closet xc race where this sled runs is probably an easy 6-8 hours away...

Watch my website and we will be posting our '13 schedule soon on there

THere must be a reason why the front end is 8K? A whole sled from Yamaha at there cost is not even that much. 4K is even way to much. 8k is laughable.... like really... It's only metal of some type... Material alone is lucky to be a grand... I am just dumb founded by the cost of this, especially how screwed up the front end is on this sled.

It must include shocks front to back, body work, ecu .....etc. Probably still 50% markup though. Sure would be nice if they put the parts we cant buy in the aftermarket in their parts catalog and let us mortals bolt the stuff on our sleds. The price would most likely get better if they made more parts.

mj

When Dodge sold the Charger Dayton for Nascar racing did they intend on it being a consumer car or did they release it to the public just to get around the rules for "Stock Car" racing?

Back