• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gps files

anybody have any gps data files that I can use w/ my lowrance gps. I just started to map the trails in michigan and would like to use a good reference that I can add to.

:4STroke:

RX-1 blue reverse
If you find any data, please post. I've been looking for trails to download on my lowrance. The only way thus far has been to save the data while on the trails. This has not been effective because of the limited battery life, and I'm trying to rig the GPS to a power supply from the sled. If I can then I would be able to save data from some trails in the UP and Algoma district of Ontario, and would be more than happy to share.
cgwiz

Last year while running near Indian River, MI we met the developer of the web site Michigan Interactive. Interesting listening to him explain how he was 'mapping' the trails and developing data files - I remember this because I was shopping for GPS units and wanted Lowrance compatible files (seemed Lowrance was the way to go). Didn't pursue it since I ended up with a Magellan GPS unit (gift).
I've found this website the best authority for trail condition reports where we run and use it often. Viewing is free. There is a $10 fee to become a member (I haven't joined only because I'm too lazy to get the check in the mail) and get his trail maps. Check it out - if the maps he was making last year on his Lowrance are downloadable from this site you're in business. I think he is a lowrance rep. - he's very 'up' on this subject and Michigan snowmobiling in general.

I am a member of this site and have sent multiple e-mails to them about the gps files. I have not gotten any response. I do visit the site often to get trail condition and plan trips. I wish they would post the files.

Back