• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Grip and thumb warmer mod?

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
I couldn't find anywhere that this topic had been covered yet so here goes.The grip and thumb warmers just plain suck on my '19 Winder,no getting around it.What I'd like to know is has anyone found a way to get this system to actually function better to get the heat out of it like it should? Does the RoczToyz kit help? Any other tricks to get more heat out of the grips and thumb?Travis also has his Japan thumb warmer kit but I'd like to be able to get more out of both circuits.

I couldn't find anywhere that this topic had been covered yet so here goes.The grip and thumb warmers just plain suck on my '19 Winder,no getting around it.What I'd like to know is has anyone found a way to get this system to actually function better to get the heat out of it like it should? Does the RoczToyz kit help? Any other tricks to get more heat out of the grips and thumb?Travis also has his Japan thumb warmer kit but I'd like to be able to get more out of both circuits.
Really? I couldn't be happier with mine. Waaaay hotter than the all-Japan models.

Mine are plenty warm. One of my buddies has been riding with mechanics gloves, not sure of the brand but he convinced me to try last season. So much warmer, hot actually. This year I will be looking for a glove with minimal insulation on the palm side.

May have a short somewhere.
Ohm all three and check output voltage to them.

Mine are plenty warm. One of my buddies has been riding with mechanics gloves, not sure of the brand but he convinced me to try last season. So much warmer, hot actually. This year I will be looking for a glove with minimal insulation on the palm side.
I use the fxr transfer gloves and my hands burn on high, most guys who complain about cold hands on the procross are wearing to thick of a glove.

Same for me. My grips and thumb warmer are great. Rarely do I use on anything but low. Often shut them off as they get hot.

Hand Guards, no glove works well if you cruise at 100MPH

I run PowerMadd Sentinel and added the Armour!!!

SPI cork wrap covered with RSI plug-in grip heaters followed by ODI or RSI soft grips.
What length heaters did you use? I see there's 2 options,standard and extended.I thought the factory ones covered the hooks but maybe they don't?

Hand Guards, no glove works well if you cruise at 100MPH

I run PowerMadd Sentinel and added the Armour!!!
I use Sentinel guards now but no Armour added.I wear FXR Fuel gloves for colder days and the Klim ( Yamaha branded ) Power X Cross gloves for warmer days.I just seem to have a really hard time keeping my hands at a comfortable temperature with this sled.They're either too hot or cold.

I had Yamaheater mod for thumb warmer and it worked very good, on hi settings I was getting almost burnt after while. Before mod in temperature below 20f thumb warmer wasn’t enough even with hand guards on sled.

I use Sentinel guards now but no Armour added.I wear FXR Fuel gloves for colder days and the Klim ( Yamaha branded ) Power X Cross gloves for warmer days.I just seem to have a really hard time keeping my hands at a comfortable temperature with this sled.They're either too hot or cold.
The armor makes all the difference, I used 4 year old Katahdin gloves all year with no issues

2D77A797-E7F3-450C-8CD2-7168581C2AA0.jpeg

I have an 18 LTX SE and use the Klim gaunlets and run thin Klim gloves. 95% of the time i do not use any heat in the grips. I have been out in -25 F with the grips off most of the time. I do find that when the grips are on, there is a wide range of temperatures on the same setting.

IMO "comfortable" hand/finger temp varies greatly from rider to rider. What is comfortable for one, might be too cold or too warm for someone else. It's like room temperature. For those of us more "mature" riders who have frostbit our hands a few times (back in old days, handlebar heaters weren't as common nor did they work as well as today, and glove technology was not as developed as it is now) my hands are more sensitive now and get cold easier for sure. That changes the whole equation for sure.

Back