• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GSE Power Steering in a 2020 Viper!!

Tom, any feedback on how well this after market power steering is working?

This Viper with the power steering installed is my wife's sled. Unfortunately, I got sick the week of Thanksgiving and it turned into pneumonia. We have not been on a ride yet, so my new SRX and her new Viper are still waiting for their first trip. I am slowly getting my wind back, and have a hard time breathing cold air, but I will give an update once we get out for a ride. Trails will be opening here at home this weekend, so I will try to get out for a quick ride as long as my lungs don't hurt too bad. Sorry for the delay in reporting on this, but now you know why.

Tom, any feedback on how well this after market power steering is working?

OK, I am healthy again, and we finally took my wife's 2020 Viper GT with GSE power steering out for three days of riding this past Saturday, Sunday, and finished the ride today.

We totalled 334 miles, all on trails. My wife tells me the power steering performed very similar to the factory power steering on her previous sled, a Vector, except that she felt that it was easier to steer at trail speeds with this system vs. the Vector. I only rode it maybe 5 miles, but that is what I noticed too. This system is not speed sensitive like the factory Yamaha power steering. The power assist is the same when stopped as it is when moving at top speed.

To summarize, I think that for the person that does not have an issue with the initial cost of this kit, and is looking for a similar feel to the Apex and Vector factory power steering, I don't think you will be disappointed with the performance of this system or the effort it takes for installation.
-Craig

upload_2020-1-20_21-25-33.png

I bet GSE would sell a boatload of these power steering kits if they could get the price down to around 900 bucks. I've got a bad shoulder, so I'd buy one at that price. My Yamaha Grizzly has EPS, I'll never own another ATV without it. Now I want it on my Viper!
Come on GSE, lower the price, start advertising on TY again, ramp up production and watch the orders pour in!

Just finished an 1130 mile trip with the GSE EPS kit and like it. Made it easier to keep up with the other EPS sleds in my group and less soar at the end of the trip. Happy with it.

Back