• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hammer time results.

keithstef

Veteran
Since Super Torquer cannot answer the phone, I thought that I'd share with everone my results.
2003 Stock Rx1 with a 1.25 ripsaw track added.

Added Randy's Hammertime clutch weights/kits. (40-20Y)

His final recommendation was to run 3.2 grams in the shoulder and 3.2 in the center.*(I may be off a few 0.1 grams - going by memory) with the white spring(170-300).
Assuming that my tach is close....
On the Rx1 tach the clutch engagement was ~ 4500 rpm. But max rpm was holding at 9200rpm!

We tried several setups and here they are:
Test Shoulder Center Spring Engagment Max rpm
#1 3.2 3.2 white ~4500 9200
#2 3.2 0 white ? 9500
#3 3.2 0 stock black 3200 9600
#4 0 0 white 4600+ 10,200

*stock black from what I could dig up is 70 to 256lbs.

The problem that we have is that Randy's setup seemed to be off slighty!
We have NO way to fine tune since we have no added weight !!(All holes are empty)

Tonight we will verify the tach with a SnapOn meter.

So,
1) Is the Tachoff that far?
2) Did the 1.25 ripsaw mess up the clutching by 1000 rpms?
3) Has Randy hit his head?

At this time, we are going to ride the sled with the #4 setup.

Please, if anyone else is running these Hammer Time weight, let me know your results.

Thanks
Keith

I used Randy's set-up, and am happy. Engagement-4800, goes to 10,000 and stays there. I increased my mph, in a given distance from 95 to 104.

I would like to reduce my engagement. I can't move my sled on concrete without the track spinning.

RX1 Yooper, could you tell me what your setup is?
Weight in the shoulder, center, tip? Spring in both primary and secondary.

Any other mods? :?

Just trying to find out if we have something messed up.

1.25" Ripsaw no studs.

Thanks for your help :)

Keith,
Although the instructions were not accurate on the weights of the parts, I followed the instructions the best I could. White primary spring, 3.2 1/4"screw in shoulder, steel screw 3.0, and aluminum T-nut 1.0 with 1 steel washer 1.0 in tip. Center empty. I know the tip weight doesn't add up to the recommended weight, but that is what Randy said to use, and he acted like I was a dummy because I thought the instructions were confusing to me. I always thought 3+1+1=5, not 3.3, which is the weight listed for the tip.

I have these weights as well but I haven't installed them yet. We got a lot of snow here this weekend but what I was going to use for my test track hadn't frozen solid yet. I need to find another place with enough room to run and get a good feel.
Anyone in mass with a good test area?

RX1 Yooper said:
Keith,
Although the instructions were not accurate on the weights of the parts, I followed the instructions the best I could. White primary spring, 3.2 1/4"screw in shoulder, steel screw 3.0, and aluminum T-nut 1.0 with 1 steel washer 1.0 in tip. Center empty. I know the tip weight doesn't add up to the recommended weight, but that is what Randy said to use, and he acted like I was a dummy because I thought the instructions were confusing to me. I always thought 3+1+1=5, not 3.3, which is the weight listed for the tip.

Rx1 Yooper:
I picked up these weight from Randy at the Big East show in NY in Oct.
We have been confused with him since day 1. We didn't follow the directions, the way that you did build you weights, because Randy said to.
3.2 shoulder, 3.3 in center and 0 in tip. Oh, and the White spring.

I had to make a trip back to NY to question him about the setup because it didn't match the instructions.

With our current setup(0, 0, 0, White), ~4800 engagment, 10200rpm, we are going to try it this weekend in a longer field.

The run we are using is about 400 feet and have to shut down ~300 ft to prevent hitting a stone wall.

So, my questions is, does it pull the 10200 from bottom to top, or does it hit ~9500 then pull 10200 on the top after (?)600ft +?

Thanks for all the help :)

:? Me cornfused.

Any suggestion what to try.

I think we should load up the weights with 3.2 shoulder, 0 center and 3.3 tip with white spring and see if we could get the same results.

Are we both on the same page?

I'm talking Hammer Time. These have the moveable shoulder.

HT part number 40-20Y.
The instructions listed 3.2 in the shoulder, 0 in the center and 3.3 in the tip. White spring....

Randy said gave us direction to move the 3.3 to the center. So with this setup we ran 9200rpm.

Is anyone else running or close to installing these. I'm gathering results.

Thanks
Keith

After 20+ rings this morning, Randy picked up the phone. :D

I went over where I was with the Hammer weights.

He mentioned that he just track dynoed the Rx1 and found that his org. setup was way off. :?
He mentioned that the Rx1 doesn't have the torque that everone has spoke about.

Anyway, he is sending a black primary(140-400) and a yellow secondary(hole #3).
The 40-20Y should be loaded with 0 in the MOVEABLE shoulder, 3.2 in the center and 0 in the tip.

I post results after I get the parts...........

I got clutch tools and a scale from a lab tech on the way. I'll be able to get into this discussion soon.

My concern though is with the seemingly high engagement I will most likely have traction problems of the start even though I got 144 studs I have the 1" track.

Back