• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n flys in apex running very strong...shared setup

My peak rpm is 10700 and engagement is a little over 4000. When I nail it it goes to 10400. It seems very mild on the trail compared to my proline kit.But you give it the gas and the sled does go though. I still need to do some more testing yet. Will get out this weekend and try some more.
Rich

70superbee said:
My peak rpm is 10700 and engagement is a little over 4000. When I nail it it goes to 10400. It seems very mild on the trail compared to my proline kit.But you give it the gas and the sled does go though. I still need to do some more testing yet. Will get out this weekend and try some more.
Rich

if it feels slower theres a good chance its probaly faster. I have limited clutching experience but this is one thing I always noticed in the past. Let us hear your results.

justinator said:
70superbee said:
Rich

if it feels slower theres a good chance its probaly faster. I have limited clutching experience but this is one thing I always noticed in the past. Let us hear your results.

You are right on!
the belt was slipping before...and now is just a grabin' ...slipping is lost performance.

Hows the backshift with these weights using stock secondary?? Better, worse or equal to stock??

So if I have Heelclickers in my Bender kit right now, would I notice much, if any improvement over whats in there now? I know I need to adjust where my belt sits inthe secondary. At rest, it's probably 1/8" below the top of the pulley, and I hit the rev limiter every time I nail the gas.
Would these weights do anything for me, or should I just get off my @$$ and adjust what I have???? :o|

nate007 said:
So if I have Heelclickers in my Bender kit right now, would I notice much, if any improvement over whats in there now? I know I need to adjust where my belt sits inthe secondary. At rest, it's probably 1/8" below the top of the pulley, and I hit the rev limiter every time I nail the gas.
Would these weights do anything for me, or should I just get off my @$$ and adjust what I have???? :o|

hmmm, some people have too much money to burn!!!!

:exc:

Man, I wish.
I just bolted the kit in right out of the box, and haven't adjusted anything yet.

well if your belt is sitting 1/8 below...Id put a new belt on or adjust....cuz you are starting in the wrong gear ....

these weights are just being dialed in...but obviously they are two generations newer than what you have now...that should tell you something..

justinator said:
Hows the backshift with these weights using stock secondary?? Better, worse or equal to stock??

Sj what do you think??

IMHO any weight that ways less is going to backshift better apples to apples...

so yes..I THINK they might...havent run them with the stock cam on the trails yet...

will advise

sj said:
IMHO any weight that ways less is going to backshift better apples to apples...

so yes..I THINK they might...havent run them with the stock cam on the trails yet...

will advise

The setup you gave at the beginning of this post is for stock secondary apex's though correct??

Hc,s backshift way better then stock weights. i was riding in deep snow today & pulling 8700 rpm with hammertimes. the stock weights ran 8800 on hardpack & 8200 in deep snow. Hc,s run same rpm,s regardless.

70superbee said:
Rich

I think this partly defines good backshifting as you are ready to go always in the right gear

besides....Turk says they do...there ya go!

I just got back from going on a little 100 mile ride and the backshift is awesome.It did not matter is I was going 35 and let off and hit it was there.Same thing if I was going 50 or 60 they just pull on the trail.We have about 2 to 3" inches of loose snow on the trail and some hardpack.I did some holeshots in the field and it goes to 10600 right off the bat.
The sled starts to move at 4500 rpms, which is lower than the my proline kit.So far this setup works real good for someone who just wants to put it in and go.You do not have to do anything to the secondary just leave it stock.But I do think it has some room for improvement but that is just me, I like to do clutch tuning on my sleds.
Hope this helps anyone who is thinking about these weights.
Rich :jump:

Back