• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hand warmers

Four Bitten

Can you guy's tell me what is the best fix for hand warmers on my 07 attack. These things are terrible, I have to use gauntlets most of the time. I know I've heard to use 06 bars but is there another fix? Thanks.

What they said...Yamaheater w/ boost is the best thing I've done to my two Apexes in years. My wife & I just got back from a 3 day trip and she was quite pleased to have warm hands without needing her bulky gauntlets. It's a shame it took someone (thanks Rock) to create something Yamaha should have not screwed up in the first place. Anyway, Yamaheater definitely works!

put on 130 mile tonight and man were my hands cold. i still cant bring myself to buy the $200 yamaheater though, god that seems expensive for just some wires.

I got a second from Rock for 130 plus shipping (after Christmas sale) e-mail him maybe next time he messes up the epoxy he will give you a discount!!! Who cares about a minor cosmetic flaw when it's hidden under the hood.

granto211 said:
put on 130 mile tonight and man were my hands cold. i still cant bring myself to buy the $200 yamaheater though, god that seems expensive for just some wires.

Well if you don't want to spen the money on a Yamaheater system then try what the our local Yamaha dealer did here. Remove the grips and install aftermarket heaters to the bar. Install an on\off switch somewhere so it does not look ugly. Wire a relay from the battery to the on\off switch and to the headlight circuit so the warmers will only come on when the sled is running. Our dealer did this to the 06 Apex/Attak when they came out. Seems to work. The draw back is now you have two grip heater systems to adjust and the extra wiring, relay and switch to deal with.
The cheapest and quick thing would be to drive with mitts on and use gauntlets on the bars.

Back