• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handlebar extensions. How high can you go?

I am wondering how high you can go with handlebar extensions on a 09 Apex without needing cable extensions. I would like to add 2 inches to the bars. Would this be possible with out the extensions.

YUPP! You can add 2" easily. I ran a 2" on my Attak for 2 seasons with no issues. Now have a Rox 3.5-5.5 adjustable, and all I changed was the throttle cable. Rerouted brake lines and handwarmer wires and it works great!!

newtayami said:
You can go 10'' without altering cables, BUT you still won't have the Nutz to get passed Bigdog Racing.... :moon:
Keep it stock and we will see who has the biggest set this winter. You should have all of Jan off. Loads of time for me to go bye bye to you.

I will be off until January,19th....That should give me enough time to give you a woolin.....HAHA!
I'll let you try and get by the HTG 1000 first!!

How ya doin Matt....Sorry to hijack bro, but couldn't pass up pickin on an old Polaris buddy!!

I ran a two inch extention on mine last winter and didn't have any problem. Could have used and adjustable one to get a little more out of it though

I would def. agree 2 inches would be the most rise out of the stock cables i went with a 3.5 inch ROX rise on my 07' RTX and used the apex MTN. cable which worked perfect . As long as ur confident with the simple disassemby its a breeze. Good Luck :4STroke:

Viper_Dave said:
YUPP! You can add 2" easily. I ran a 2" on my Attak for 2 seasons with no issues. Now have a Rox 3.5-5.5 adjustable, and all I changed was the throttle cable. Rerouted brake lines and handwarmer wires and it works great!!

I could only go 2" with the Rox Pivot Riser. I bought the extra 1" attachment thinking I would use it, but it was a no go..... Like VD here, it also was my throttle cable and it would need to be extended for any longer risers to work. But 2" on the Attak makes for a really nice, high handle bar. I would go through the effort and raise it more if I thought it actually needed it at all.. But I'm 5' 11" and its great with 2"

Mike

I am 6'2". Maybe I should extend my throttle cable and go with the taller handle bar riser. I find the stock handlebar riser to low. Is the rox pivot riser better then the standard one positon riser? I think the pivot riser would give you more flexability in your riding position? Any other opinions.

Back