• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handlebar riser rolling back

staggs65

Staff member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
76 exciter, 87 phazer, 89 bravo, 00 srx x3, 01 srx, 02/04 viper, 06 ape
This has probably been covered at some point here but without searching and trying to find it I figured I’d just post it up.

Finally got some time on the Winder yesterday. Started out just messing around blasting over snowbanks in the yard. While standing and throttling over snowbanks the riser would roll back from the vertical position where I like it. Pulled it back in the garage, put it back where I like it, tightened up a little more and back out. First time I throttle it while standing riser rolls back again. Pull it back inside, this time I take the riser off completely. The steering post has so much powder coat that on one side you can just barely see the grooves and the other side is completely smooth. I sanded the powder coat down until I could see the grooves then scraped them all out with a tiny flat screwdriver. Filed the powder coat out of the riser and clamps and put it back together. Did a little 50 mile ride in varying riding situations and all is still where I put it now. If anyone else has this issue it’s something to check.

Back