• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best way to mount clutch

So this apparatus worked today. I had two redundancies. If the stick broke by my hand it was held in place by the footwell.l, if that broke the strap would have controlled the distance it would have went but still could have slid down the a arm.
I think ya had it covered...lol ;)!

Do you sink the bolt down tight, remove the bolt then set to torque spec. Or, torque set it right from the beginning?

Cat does it a little different than Yamaha. They torque from the beginning to 51 ft lbs, run the engine and then re-torque one more time at 51 ft. lbs. Easier then Yamaha torque of 108 ft lbs, back off the bolt and torque to 46 ft lbs. or whatever they recommend on that second torque.

Cat does it a little different than Yamaha. They torque from the beginning to 51 ft lbs, run the engine and then re-torque one more time at 51 ft. lbs. Easier then Yamaha torque of 108 ft lbs, back off the bolt and torque to 46 ft lbs. or whatever they recommend on that second torque.
Yeah, I remember my Yamaha's were like that.

Back