• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Handwarmer Issue

When I buy replacement hand warmers, they come with a 3 wire set up? Notice the harness has a 3 wire connector and only uses 2 wires........

If you tested them per the diagram I sent you, you should see continuity. If you don't the switch is bad. So the thumb side shows continuity? The grip side doesn't?

@herndonp on a side note, I grew up in Salisbury, NH. Still have family in Berlin, NH.

I changed mine to the rsi kit. If I remember right it comes with 3 wires but you connect two together, kind of making it a 2 wire connection. It does not come with the connector, you have to splice them in.
part number-> SMA-HOTGP-HK

Vmax4 my aunt and uncle lived in Salisbury, both buried there. Have you figured out the issue yet?

Pete

@herndonp No, I am still chasing things. The switch works on the thumb side, BUT DOESN"T test continuity on either side?????? Do the factory yamaha warmer kit PART NUMBER: SMA-HOTGP-ST-00 actually have the connector ends on them? Plug and go? Or do you have to splice them in as well??

What was your aunt and uncles names in Salisbury, NH? My family last name is BURDICK

Last name was Hughes. My aunt passed away 2 years ago at 100.6 yrs of age. So when you check continuity on the thumb side and you push it down the meter reads and when you release it it does not correct. Then you switch the leads for reading the grip side and you get nothing pushing it down or releasing it correct?

I get no continuity on either side.............

Well according to the tech sheet I sent you the switch is bad then.

@Dr. FeeLGooD Normally Yamaha does better than having a spice job for the substitution of two 15 cent connectors....... but, maybe they don't????

I think they are aftermarket sold by Yamaha. If you order the originals they will have the plug. I believe the kits are made to fit several models therefore no plug. Like I say. The kit I bought has no plugs.

Bought OEM Yamaha warmers. Finally got a chance to plug them in and see what was up. Fact the hand warmer blue toggle switch didn't work, even after plugging the new warmers in, really sent me for a loop. Apparently, you have to start the sled and let the ECM reboot itself??? Cause after starting the sled, everything was normal and I could clear the codes. Issue somewhat fixed, still need to actually install the warmers.

I had replaced mine a month ago and one lasted 30 minutes until it went dead. One of the RSI elements I installed was shorted out by a sharp burr where I had drilled out a rivet. I should have known better and taken more time. Good thing I had a spare pair.

Back