• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hard Starting Nytro

Craigli

Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro
Have a question for you guys. I bought a new 09 Nytro in September. After I got it home I started it twice to move it off the trailer into the garage, and about month later I started it to move it again. It started right up right both times. Two days ago I tried starting it to go for a ride. It turned over but never fired. The battery started running low, so I then jumped it. It turned over for awhile longer and back fired hard and then started. I let it run for awhile and rode about 10 miles. Today it had to turn over for quite awhile, I stopped cranking. I tried again for about 10 seconds, and it back fired again and started. I ride about another 5 miles, but seemed to lack a little power. My question is, Is this normal? Im new to the whole four stroke engine.

useful links for leisure time:

Last edited:

replace the spark plugs. the 4 stroke sleds foul them pretty easy on short run times. i did it on my 1st one too. when you start your sled for any reason, let it warm up at minimum until the engine light goes off on the gauge. better is letting it run until the coolers are warm to the touch. got 15000 mi on my 11 apex doing this before i replaced them for my peace of mind.

Have a question for you guys. I bought a new 09 Nytro in September. After I got it home I started it twice to move it off the trailer into the garage, and about month later I started it to move it again. It started right up right both times. Two days ago I tried starting it to go for a ride. It turned over but never fired. The battery started running low, so I then jumped it. It turned over for awhile longer and back fired hard and then started. I let it run for awhile and rode about 10 miles. Today it had to turn over for quite awhile, I stopped cranking. I tried again for about 10 seconds, and it back fired again and started. I ride about another 5 miles, but seemed to lack a little power. My question is, Is this normal? Im new to the whole four stroke engine.
New plugs and new gas it should fix that. You may have fouled the plugs from not letting it warm up.

New plugs, new gas and I'll add a new battery. If the engine wont crank over at certain RPM the computer wont add fuel. No fuel... no vroom vroom.

Back