• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hard to steer

sledhead2

i have put on 144 1.325 mega pix and 8" carbide. i have a REALLY hard time turning this now. do i use the transfer rod or limiter strap to take weight off the front. you can tell its heavy in the front cause it turn on ice where you point it. tried searches and didn't find this problem. turning would be nice

Do you mean that the bars are physically hard to turn or you have push (turn the bars but sled still goes straight ahead) now due to studs?

if its hard to turn you need to relieve ski pressure. My 06 was like driving a semi so hears what i did and keep in mind im 200lbs. I put the springs from stif to soft turned the rear shock to ten clicks from all the way soft. Then the front skid shock when it came from the factory was almost completely stiff so i turned that down softer about a 1/4 inch. Next i took air out of my front shocks went from 65 to 50 now this sled rides great takes the bumps on the trail and turns like a feather. it does bottom occasionally but thats ok just means the suspension is working. Also keep in mind i have bike exhaust and boss seat im about 30 lbs light on the tail makes huge diffence but there is some places to start hope it helps!

physically hard to turn .i'm 175lbs. i let air out of the front and that did help, also soften the ride this didn't do much. :die

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have put on 144 1.325 mega pix and 8" carbide. i have a REALLY hard time turning this now. do i use the transfer rod or limiter strap to take weight off the front. you can tell its heavy in the front cause it turn on ice where you point it. tried searches and didn't find this problem. turning would be nice

you need to relieved ski pressure as much as possible what do you have you rear suspension setup as everything from limiter straps to shock clicks also what is your floats psi set at

Had the same problem, couldn't dial it out completely no matter what I did, herd about the snowtrackers from other yammy riders and how well they worked , so I thru a set on and voila!
No more hard to steer or darting and very predictable in corners.
They fixed all my handling issues. :Rockon:
http://www.snowtracker.com/
I was very sceptical at first when I was installing them on my skis with all that hardware but they really work, for me anyway.

hard steering is common on the nytro, susp. set up helps alot. the problem is the yamaha ski design, very long and deep keel on the ski. replacing the ski with a different manufacter may help too. i've found the pilot 5.7 to work really well on the trail, deeep powder not so well .6 in. carbide on the center 4 in. on the outer

Wow! This is strange. My 06 Nytro has steered feather light from day one. I also have 8" carbides on the stock skis, and 144 1.40 studs. I weight 160lbs with all gear on. I have had the rear set to full soft right from the get-go. But I found I like the Fox Floats at around 62lbs. I tried the lower air pressures, but thought the sled would roll over too much on the outside ski in the turns. 62 lbs in the front, and a 12mm sway bar corrected this.

i keep low pressure in my shocks and i put woodys 6 inch duals on and mine seems to steer very well in comparison to alot of other sleds ive road

I have SLP SLT skis with 6 inch carbides and the little easy steer/anti-darting thingy. Limiter strap up two holes, almost no transfer in the control rods and floats set at 55 PSI. The steering is feather lite and very positive with no darting. I have always thought that eight inch carbides are too much for 144 studs, but that's just my opinion.

Back