• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone added foam to your VECTOR seat for a more rider

Shane

Expert
Website
www.fa.ml.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 YAMAHA VIPER LTX SE
2015 Ski-Doo 800 XRS Renegade
2012 Ski-Doo 600 ace
2010 Ski-Doo 600 e-tec GTX Limited
2007 Polaris Dragon 120
...forward geometry? I was thinking it might make it a little more comfortable. Any thoughts? :yam:

Having it done right now, getting rid of the dip by the gas tank, and adding another 3" of height with some stiffer foam... should be done by the end of the week. i'll have some pics by then.

highonboost said:
Having it done right now, getting rid of the dip by the gas tank, and adding another 3" of height with some stiffer foam... should be done by the end of the week. i'll have some pics by then.

That's awesome! Please let me know what you think when complete and you have mounted it on the sled as I may try it too. Pics would be great! :Rockon:

Shane

Have 2 rides on it now, alot nicer ride, much better riding position, and better transition from sitting to standing.

mod11e.jpg

mod10e.jpg

That look's great.Did you do it yourself or have someone do it.What did it all take to do it?Thank's

That looks AWESOME! What are the specs on the "new" seat if you don't mind? I would like to do something similar. What foam did you use? How thick at what points? Also, I see you have high bar risers. How high and did you have to replace the cables? If so, was it much of a pain?

Sorry to be asking so many questions but you look to have done exactly what I am trying to achieve.
Thanks.

Not sure where highon's been, but the seat looks really cool and well done. You're asking about the risers and cables and if it was a pain...looks like he relocated the whole steering shaft for a rider forward effect and has no lights?

I bought the sportech FULLY adjustable 3 inch risers and installed them this weekend. Does not change steering geometry.

Shane said:
I bought the sportech FULLY adjustable 3 inch risers and installed them this weekend. Does not change steering geometry.

can you post some pix of your riser, any bind on the rats nest of cables on the stering...ect

4strokesmoke said:
Shane said:

can you post some pix of your riser, any bind on the rats nest of cables on the stering...ect

I will post a link to their site in a second, and I have to take a photo for you. Well, I have to have the wife help me to post it as I don't know how to download pics from the camera yet. Be right back with the link. :die

Here's a photo of the risers. I chose the three inch. Friday I take the sled in to have the seat modified. :Rockon: :bling :exc:

Attachments

• sportech risers.jpg
    sportech risers.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 88

Back