• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone ever gotten a ticket with an Excell exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

number1kyster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SW RTX SE
Just wondering if anyone has gotten a ticket for an excell being to loud?

If you ride in QUEBEC, Canada you'll probably get 1, they don't tolerate on anytype of performance mod...your sled has to be stock to ride on posted trails...they've been LOSING a lot of land RIGHTS and really starting to crack down on NOISE caused by MODIFICATIONS so be careful in our necks of the woods... ;)!

I have had one on for 2 yrs in MI, and never even been asked about it. DNR officers in my home town actually commented on the look and sound of it. The excell at lower speeds is actually pretty quiet it doesnt really bark till you over 6000 rpms. It is my understanding that all the noise tests are done at 4000 rpm, where the excell is not loud. If i remember correctly the excell is not that many more DBs than stock, just a different tone.

apltx08 said:
If you ride in QUEBEC, Canada you'll probably get 1, they don't tolerate on anytype of performance mod...your sled has to be stock to ride on posted trails...they've been LOSING a lot of land RIGHTS and really starting to crack down on NOISE caused by MODIFICATIONS so be careful in our necks of the woods... ;)!

EXACTLY! However we are starting to see a paradigm shift towards less is more in that department.

Maine is cracking down big time,got stopped a few weeks back,the game warden asked me to open my hood so he could see my aftermarket exhaust on my 06 rtx,i told him it was in the back under the seat and it was the stock exhaust,i didnt tell him that i had "lightened" it a bit and thats why its a little noisier,right then along came an old arctic cat zr580 with a stinger on it and suddenly the attention went towards him and not me so away we went,i heard they wrote 130 summons that weekend in the moosehead lake area,i bet this summer when the harleys are riding aroung the lake right next to peoples houses with their loud pipes,nothing will be said,dont really understand that one but im not as smart as the law

170plus said:
i bet this summer when the harleys are riding aroung the lake right next to peoples houses with their loud pipes,nothing will be said,dont really understand that one but im not as smart as the law
Tell me about it :o|
I think that most people think that Harleys are still ridden by bad A$$ed thugs that'll knock the crap out of them if they complain. It's funny how many little 5'6" corporate types now ride em........

170plus said:
Maine is cracking down big time,got stopped a few weeks back,the game warden asked me to open my hood so he could see my aftermarket exhaust on my 06 rtx,i told him it was in the back under the seat and it was the stock exhaust,i didnt tell him that i had "lightened" it a bit and thats why its a little noisier,right then along came an old arctic cat zr580 with a stinger on it and suddenly the attention went towards him and not me so away we went,i heard they wrote 130 summons that weekend in the moosehead lake area,i bet this summer when the harleys are riding aroung the lake right next to peoples houses with their loud pipes,nothing will be said,dont really understand that one but im not as smart as the law

We can't lose roads to loud Harley exhausts, but we can lose snowmobile trails to loud snowmobile exhauts. Trails are a priviledge, not a right. Private landowners get pissed at loud #*$&@ sleds = lose trails. Simple as that.

I am very happy that they are starting to crack down on the excess noise. I live next to a lake (trail crosses it) and what a difference in the last couple of years. It used to be you'd hear piped sleds at all times of day and night but now I don't think I heard even one piped sled this year.. With the numbers of Yamaha's out there this year it's been pretty quite.
Just a note: a great sounding sled doesn't have to mean loud.

Now if we could just do something about the loud pipes on bikes.

Yamaholic22 said:
170plus said:

We can't lose roads to loud Harley exhausts, but we can lose snowmobile trails to loud snowmobile exhauts. Trails are a priviledge, not a right. Private landowners get pissed at loud #*$&@ sleds = lose trails. Simple as that.

Any Snowmobile Stock or Modified at 2:00 in the morning is loud. Noise Laws are a joke in My book. What they really need to do is have Riding times. They have them in Munising. That will help with angry land owners.

Just one quick point from a Harley rider. I will take any advantage I can get, I'm talking exhaust but there are other things, to make me noticed by cagers. How many complain of the logging trucks and semis running straight pipes not many but everyone complains about bikes but guess what when that dumbass on their cell phone doesn't look to change lanes or drifts over I can pull the clutch and wack the throttle and they hear me. When you use the horn they simply think that the other person will get over it. I do believe that there is a balance. but to say ban pipes is bull. Ride even 3000 miles in a bikers shoes and you WILL understand. Enough said

No issue's with my Excell here in Michigan, rode by many a law enforcement officer with no trouble at all.

As Blue said above, they really only bark in the upper RPM range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back