• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone used hygear for shock revalve?

high-groove

Hello i have a 08 apex gt and was thinking of getting the hygear sport setup done. They revalve all three shocks and change main springs, and also add small helper springs. Has anyone done this to there apex. I want to get a plushier ride, but do not want to bottom all the time on holes or whoops. I am a moderate trail cruiser not a racer. I thought going with the spring change with helpers would be better than just a revalve. Thanks in advance.

Call Ross and talk to him. he knows what he is talking about. Maxdlx

Yes, my riding friend did his '06 rtx. It's great, but expensive. I had Pioneer rebuild my '06 Apex for $100 and they did a great job. My friend had Hygear do the whole shock with seperate springs & "the whole 9 yards" for about $750. His ride is almost perfect, but at a huge cost. If you don't like the ride then have Hygear" do it up". If the ride is OK; but needs improvement; then just have rebuilt to your specs. Both are excellent companies...

I had good luck with Hygear on my 06 apexgt. They rebuilt and resprung the Ohlins shock. Best ride I have ever has on a sled!.........

Had Ross (at Hygear) do the respring and revalve on all 3 shox. Really made a HUGE difference. Eliminated the bottoming and made the electronic adjuster on the Ohlins actually do something! I went with the bigger money package and it was worth every cent. The only thing I think I got more value for the money on was the sway bar. I think I went with the 14mm (or whatever the biggest one is) and it eliminated the inside ski lift without dropping the nose of the sled into the dirt! The thing rails now!

ive got the 5.5 spring and revlave from pioneer.. it rode a million times better and didnt blow out anymore (i had the updated seal installed) i think it cost me $110 all together..

Coondog2707 said:
Had Ross (at Hygear) do the respring and revalve on all 3 shox. Really made a HUGE difference. Eliminated the bottoming and made the electronic adjuster on the Ohlins actually do something! I went with the bigger money package and it was worth every cent. The only thing I think I got more value for the money on was the sway bar. I think I went with the 14mm (or whatever the biggest one is) and it eliminated the inside ski lift without dropping the nose of the sled into the dirt! The thing rails now!

I did the same thing on my 06 including the extra reservoir's on my fox floats. Night and day improvement in the ride and handling :Rockon:

Dan

I also sent my shock into Pioneer, I did not have the bigger spring installed, I am right around 190 or so, so I am right on the edge of needing a bigger spring. Anyway my sled rides great, it still bottoms on the big ones, but then again it should bottom occasionaly. I live in wisconsin and my was revalved for about 80 or 90$ including shipping both ways. I have heard nothing about good things about hygear, and I have had nothing but good experiences with pioneer, I also sent my phazer shocks in this summer to pioneer, can't wait to ride it. To me reading these posts, it seems like pioneer is the best bang for the buck, and hygear has the ultimate set-up in which you will need to pay a bit more for.

Attachments

• nordlock.JPG
    nordlock.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 54
  • BOLT1.JPG
    BOLT1.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 68
  • BOLTHOLDER.JPG
    BOLTHOLDER.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 62

Back