• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has Yamaha addressed Ice Buildup on the Nytro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ups I'm so sorry about my speculations.

MrSled, do you actually meen that yamaha didnt test the phazer in the first place since they didnt find out about the ice build up before starting producing this sled?

And what do you know of what I have a idea about? Isnt it longer alowded to post personal meenings on this forum without beeing bashed from your moderators?

I have owned many yamahasleds back since 1984 but I have never experienced so much troubles before as I have on the phazer.

You can say what you want about my speculations and I know that this thread is about the nytro, but you cant denie that the nytro and phazer have a very simular design. From that I figure the problems with ice build up would be simular too.

Time will show.

I am sure Yamaha did their testing. I posted what I saw.... the ice in the pre-pro Phazers and it showed after production that it was a problem. The Nytro did not. As far as the site, you can say what you want Sniper,within the site rules, no foul. I just have seen to many people tossing their info out on the web causing havoc before anyone receives their full production sled. I just wanted to make a point and I think you understand where I am coming from on this.

If you dont like you Phazer because of issues, contact Customer Service and have them help you. If you dont like the sled, sell it, but let this new sled get out before we get so crazy on the ice build-up, fuel tank size and so on.

As far as owning sled, I am sure you have great intentions in your findings and have owned many, ME TOO... but I am trying to keep owners positive until they can actually experience it for themselves.

Your right.

I'm happy with my phazer now except from the bad designed plastic panels mounted between a-arms allowing snow entering the engine makeing the steering freeze and the bad rebound set up on the rear skid shock.

But this will be taken care of before next season by yamaha scandinavia. They will change the rear skid shock with a new one that has a better rebound valveing + add the updated linkage part in rear skid. They will also change the auto decomp weight on the camshaft making the exhaustvalve to close earlier and this shall solve the hard starting issue when cold. They have already added a fan to solve the overheat issue when driving in temprature above freeze, closed the hole in tunnel, also added the extra idlerwheel kit and new slides/hyfax. All free of charge!

Yamaha have excellent service here in scandinavia so I have absolutely no complains what so ever about this.

Edit: Also, you should keep in mind that the temprature has a lot to do with the ice build up, at least on the phazer. When driving in tempratures around 20degF there was no problem with ice build up even with tunnel open. But in tempratures around 5 degF and colder there was a lot of ice build up on my sled and all the other guys with phazers in my area. Again, I'm not trying to be a smart #*$&@ but what temprature was you testing the nytro in? I dont think its enough to drive a day or two maybe in warm weather and then come to the conclusion that there will be no ice build up problem on the nytro. Ups now I became a smart #*$&@ :tg:

sniperviper said:
Bzzt wrong about what? If I dont remember wrong you where the only one that didnt have a problems with the ice build up on the phazer and still wont admit that this was a problem.

For all you other guys, take the time to read about the ice build up problems on the phazer forum. If I'm stupid and wrong it seems like there is a lot of us... You can also take a look on "yellowknife's" sticky thread on the mountain light forum and read what he think about this design. (This guy have used his sled and if i dont remember wrong he have over 5000km on it this winter) Other seems to have used theyr sled a couple of times in the back yard and maybe two times around theyr house...

It seems that some of you guys cant take it when anyone have something negative to tell about yamaha sleds.

Instead of beeing such a hot shot smart #*$&@ why cant you "Yamahnator" tell us all the positive things about this design?

As earlier said, we will know for shure in a year from now so why dont we leave this until then and see who was right or wrong. I didnt ment to start a war here but I was only telling what I think about this issue and what I have experienced with my fx that have the same rear frame/exhaust design as the new nytro.

A. I never said that it wasn't a problem. I and others just didn't make it the MAJOR problem that others made it. Annoying yes, but major no.

B. As has been pointed out to you already, the tunnel is closed off except for the very back part. Sounds like you haven't looked at the underside of an Apex because we're most likely looking at the same thing. I didn't notice any ice buildup when I rode them. Ice can build up underneath the Apex but it was never a big deal for most.

Man some people really need some snow! I would like to know how anyone can say what the Nytro will or wont do when a finished production Nytro sled has not arrived yet. Take my advise, go fishing bring lots of beer and some beef jerky. The jerky makes for a great snack and good fish bait also. Even the header on this thread makes no sense and I am surprised it has lasted this long without being tossed. A member with 9 posts started this thread and you guys gave it this much creedence. LOL :ORC

Here are some pics of under the tunnel area-
Use you own judgement on potential ice buildup.
The bottom pic does show some daylight on both sides,thats why I took the pic.
Demo sled #10,Nytro RTX built 2/07,sled #JYE8HB0088A000044.
IM000117.jpg

IM000122.jpg

IM000125.jpg

Dog-
Ease it into neutral dude.

Pics are for anyone to look at and make up their own minds about the sled and suspension.

Does not matter wether the person asking questions has 1 post or 3000.

Or does it?

It shouldn't.

Trying to show that this MAY be closer to a production run sled as it was built in Feb 07 as opposed to Nov,Dec 06 or Jan 07,---------thats all.

YAM182 said:
Dog-
Ease it into neutral dude.

Pics are for anyone to look at and make up their own minds about the sled and suspension.

Does not matter wether the person asking questions has 1 post or 3000.

Or does it?

It shouldn't.

Trying to show that this MAY be closer to a production run sled as it was built in Feb 07 as opposed to Nov,Dec 06 or Jan 07,---------thats all.

When the person posting starts a thread like this one asking if Yamaha has dealt with an ice build up problem on a sled that is not even out yet. It tells me the poster is making negative assumptions. I mentioned the post count merely to point out that the poster may not have enough posts for everyone else to tell whether or not he knows what he is talking about. That said he has not entered into the thread since starting it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back