• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hauck or pc5 fuel controller?

Yamaharacer77

I really want to buy the k&n air filter kit from Ulmer for my Nytro but I am not sure which fuel computer would work better or if I even need one at all.If I need to get one I wanted to get the Hauck controller because its cheaper and I know a few peolpe that had very good results running them on thier apex.I am running the stock header but I do have a aftermarket strait through silencer.My question is..Do I even need to get a controller or will the computer relearn itself?

Yes you will need the Fuel controller with intake and exhaust, as far as which one to go with call allen ulmer up and talk to him he is a straight shooter and will give you an honest answer and a reason why you should go one way or the other.

I have the PC5. There is lots of maps out there, and its easier to work with because of that. The Hauck controller looks like it just adds more fuel to the stock settings. I could be wrong though. Plus any tweaking to that Hauck controller will probably result in calling him, since there isnt a ton of his fuel controllers out there.

I just recently bought the K&N’s and the fuel controller from Allen. I have a full excel exhaust already so the controller was a must. Not enough snow on the ground here yet to test run it but it’s coming soon. I will say it sounds much throatier though! Looking forward to hearing it wound out .

I bought my k&n's and pc5 from ulmer. Fuel controller came all setup for my mods. It works great

Yeah I definaly am going to go with the pc5.I did see them on ebay for $300 but im sure thats not with the correct map so I will just give Allen a call and order the filters and pc5 at the same time so this way I have the right set-up.I plan on doing the header next year so im sure I can get a different map from him at that time as well.Thanks for the replies..This site has helped me out a ton.

you can buy it off e bay and re map it if i aint mistakin

basic700 said:
Yeah I thought of doing that too.It looks like Ulmer wants $359 but there are a few vendors selling them for $300 with shipping but im not sure how much Ulmer sells the maps for.I wonder what maps come with it out of the box?I wouldnt care if it was a lilttle on the rich side just to play it safe.

Yamaharacer77 said:
basic700 said:
Yeah I thought of doing that too.It looks like Ulmer wants $359 but there are a few vendors selling them for $300 with shipping but im not sure how much Ulmer sells the maps for.I wonder what maps come with it out of the box?I wouldnt care if it was a lilttle on the rich side just to play it safe.

Out of the box it won't come with any maps...Dynojet doesn't make sled maps....if you buy from Ulmer, I'm pretty sure he will include the map at no cost...however, if you purchase the PC5 from someone else and want one of Ulmers maps, he will charge for it. Who is selling PC5s for $300? Ulmers prices are the same as everyone elses from what I've seen..plus it comes with the map already loaded in.

I think it's cool to share PC5 maps.
As long as they have the same setup as I do.

Back