• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Head shim vs LC pistons (Real life comparison)

The head shim motor will come up as more HP with that calculator . It wont take into consideration the better burn and what that does to the actual HP numbers with a engine with low compression pistons.
The low compression piston motor made more HP about 20-25 HP at the same boost. I've talked to 4 engine builders and the main dealer for mcx all have said that a motor with lc pistons vs a head shim make more HP. So I accept it and I will just live with it even tho its a little slower. Because the stocker with a head shim is reliable, dosint burn. I do allot of trail and power line riding, only race once and awhile.
This summer I'm going to retime the cams because its possable I'm losing power from that. I'm also going to run a mxc display so I can tune the motor as its running rich . Hopefully I'm a little closer to my old motor than I'm now. About 7 grams of mid and tip weight closer. Ya right eh thats huge.

DooAssassin said:
The head shim motor will come up as more HP with that calculator . It wont take into consideration the better burn and what that does to the actual HP numbers with a engine with low compression pistons.
The low compression piston motor made more HP about 20-25 HP at the same boost. I've talked to 4 engine builders and the main dealer for mcx all have said that a motor with lc pistons vs a head shim make more HP. So I accept it and I will just live with it even tho its a little slower. Because the stocker with a head shim is reliable, dosint burn. I do allot of trail and power line riding, only race once and awhile.
This summer I'm going to retime the cams because its possable I'm losing power from that. I'm also going to run a mxc display so I can tune the motor as its running rich . Hopefully I'm a little closer to my old motor than I'm now. About 7 grams of mid and tip weight closer. Ya right eh thats huge.

Not a chance without head work. :dead:

Can't deny I was at 10700 with the built motor and 10100 with the head shim motor. Both have the exact same set up. It took 7 g less to get it near 10500. Fine I don't k.ow exactly how much HP less it has but it has less. About 600 rpms less. Ever try lowering your boost 5 psi? It will run about 10100.
I like the.motor it runs better just dosint pull like the other and I wouldn't care its just everyone said this motor makes the same power. So I must have a problem with timing or fuel. I will let your guys know what it was when I figure it out. Peace

Back