• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heat exchanger removal

Alex069

Country
Russia
Snowmobile
Yamaha Venture Multipurpose;
FXNytro XTX
Hi guys,

I think I'm experiencing some leakage in the center of a tunnel heat exchanger, right in the seam. Dtected some dry spot there...

Couldn't find any clear instuction on how to remove it in order to weld it.
Please, share some experience on it...

Or maybe it would be enough just to fix that micro-crack with LA-CO heat seal stik, epoxy stuff?

Hi guys,

I think I'm experiencing some leakage in the center of a tunnel heat exchanger, right in the seam. Dtected some dry spot there...

Couldn't find any clear instuction on how to remove it in order to weld it.
Please, share some experience on it...

Or maybe it would be enough just to fix that micro-crack with LA-CO heat seal stik, epoxy stuff?

I have had them welded on the sleds before. JB weld wont last long and is mainly a temporary fix.

I have had them welded on the sleds before. JB weld wont last long and is mainly a temporary fix.
I wonder, if it's possible to dismount heat exchanger on MP with minimal efforts, from the tunnel side?

I have had a couple welded in the machine. Dropped the suspension, tore down the chaincase to get the track and drivers out of the way, just raised up the rear of the sled with a chainfall.
So, no need to unmount the engine?

As mentioned, they are mounted the same as in Phazers, just wider by 2 inches. Although I've taken one out while parting out a Phazer, it might be a lot of work on an actual machine. I'd try having it welded in place.

I wonder, which page in manual describes the process..

Back