• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

heat sheild plug

scubadoo

Extreme
going to buy electric shield . where does it wire up to ? if i buy yami components is there an empty plug somewhere it hooks up to? i do not want to use the acc outlet.

I bought the skidoo plug kit, and just wired to the battery with an inline fuse... works great.....

Yea my dad has his wired right to the red and black wires where you would hook up a battery tender and he runs in right up the steering column and keeps it up the parking brake when not in use that works pretty well

I went to Radio Shack and bought the parts, drilled a hole in the dash just in front of the key. I've got it wired/spliced into the black and red leads as well. Make sure to put an in-line fuse (+ line) near the splice. Also, a good idea to put in-line connectors (+ & -) near the RCA plug for when you have to take the sled apart for oil changes etc.

Attachments

• Attak RCA II.jpg
    Attak RCA II.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 123
Sometimes when you buy an electric shield, all the necessary wiring is included, so you may not have to buy anything extra, maybe an inline fuse though.

one bit of advice...make sure you put the plug on the consol so the plug insert is facing you and not perpendicular to you (like the DC outlet on a GT)....

scubadoo said:
going to buy electric shield . where does it wire up to ? if i buy yami components is there an empty plug somewhere it hooks up to? i do not want to use the acc outlet.

my heated shield kit came with wiring, but I sold the sled that I had it mounted to. I bought an aftermarket wiring kit for an HJC helmet (all work if they use the RCA style connection) from denniskirk.com $20 including shipping. I wired mine directly to the battery and put the ring terminals around the battery studs and it was a perfect fit. I ran the wiring up through the handlebar riser and it sticks out from under the crash pad on the handlebar riser. No fumbling for it in the dark, no drilling, it's flexible in case I jump off of the sled and forget to unplug. I leave about 4" of cable hanging out.

$12.95 HJC Electric Shield Replacement Power Cord Set
Dennis Kirk Part #: 323865
Manufacturer Part #: ELECTRIC CORD
Color: Black
Type: Cord
Units: Set

Expected Soon

I have to ask why you guys dont want to use the stock acc outlet for electric shields. Does it not put out enough juice for the shields your using or because its used for other acc attachments on your sleds. Curious because i have a cat helmet with their shield and i hard wired it for a yamaha plug that fits the stock acc recepter. It seems to work fine but wondering if it could have more juice to it doing it your way. Thanks

I put in the permanent plug because the acc plug-in with the RCA outlet would not maintain contact on the rough trails, it was never real tight. Plus I wanted it wired direct to the battery so it is always on.

yup, rough trails, the yami plug pops out, i know with my heated shield, once the fogging/icing starts im done, ill plug back in but it usually a losing battle on real cold nights

Ditto. Moderately rough trail and it pops. Big pain the a$$ if you're using a gps and the battery is dead and just running off the plug (keeps rebooting).

jclee71 said:
yup, rough trails, the yami plug pops out, i know with my heated shield, once the fogging/icing starts im done, ill plug back in but it usually a losing battle on real cold nights

Back