• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated Grips Updated?

OFD19

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex
I have recently bought a 2006 apex. Heated grips do not seem to get warm, after digging in one is obviously broke and i am suspecting the other side will be the same story. I have been reading many threads around these grips and am a little lost on what i have going on with mine, i am assuming a previous owner has modified something prior to my purchase. My question is can anyone identify what plugs my grips have as they do not look like the factory plugs when I look up the factory part. And second what heating element do you suggest i order to replace what i currently have. I am glad to provide more information if needed. I greatly appreciate the help.

Attachments

• 20230224_193821_768x1024.jpg
    20230224_193821_768x1024.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20230224_193841_50.jpg
    20230224_193841_50.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20230224_193818_50.jpg
    20230224_193818_50.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 65

I was reading thru that thread but i am stumped on some stuff and what direction to go. I know my sled has had work done one it and is not stock (Has on RX1 motor in it) but i don't know what is stock and not for hand grips. From what I have read it looks like my sled has the 07 bars on it because they dont have the bolt on ends but the plug for the grips doesn't look like the plug for 06 or 07 grips.

Looks like Arctic cat heating elements. Buy RSI and you’ll be happy

From what i read i just take the Blue and White Wire and connect them together on the RSI elements to make them 2 wire like the sled is. Also what should proper voltage be or amperage be coming to the grips on High or Low? I want to verify that i have correct power coming to the bars.

Wiring them up is simple. Factory system is a 2 wire. Power from the ECU and ground. The RSI system has 3 wires. Blue and White get tied together so now its a two wire system. Blue and White to one side and Red to the other side. Doesn't matter which way you do it.
Is the ECU for an Apex or RX1?

I do believe it is still the Apex ECU. From my understanding the RX1 motor was installed and a fuel regulator was installed to control fuel to Carbs. Other than that i believe its stock Apex. I will order those RSI Elements and see if i get hot hands.

Remember when testing for hot hands that the ECU limits power to the grips at idle or when the brake is on. I find that after 5000rpm the grips start to work

That is good information to know Thank You for your help.

Back