• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

heated helmet shield

apexrtxman63

I was wondering if I can just buy an adapter and plug my shield into the 12 volt plug in on my rtx and where would be a good place to find such and adapter or would it be better to wire it direct to something else?

I purchased an adapter at my dealer. They sell a adapter that i believe is listed for atv's. I have a cat helmet so all i did was splice new adapter into cats wiring. Read instructions carefully because you have to assemble adapter yourself to hard wire into whatever wiring you have. Some people have mentioned they dont like the 12 volt hookup on sled because it falls out in the rought stuff. If you make sure rubber seal on adapter is sucurely pushed into hookup on sled I've never had an issue with popping out.Just make sure you give yourself enough cable so you can stand up and move aroung on sled. But also not too long so it rubs on gas tank.Good luck.

I would recomend using the wire with the female end that comes with most sheilds (or buy one), and splice it to the wires that go to your 12 volt plug. Then run it up the bars with the cables and zip-tie it on the left side of the bars with about 4 inches of slack. That way when you forget to unplug and walk away the 4 inches of slack lets the wire line up straight and unplug without damage. If you walk away from fixed plugs, they break.

What Joey_T said ^^^ You get the same benefit if you get ejected while playing around, not that I've ever experienced that.......;)!

YAH RIGHT CREW!! ;):D

I bought the skidoo plug kit for my wifes nytro and the phazer too, they are kinda pricey, but look clean, just have to extend the wires, I ran them right to the battery with an inline fuse.... that way the sheild stays heated when sled is off at trail stops and such.....

1 riding friend - has the adaptor that plugs into the outlet, when the snow is flying it blows the fuse...

2nd riding friend - has the Ski-Doo connector. Works well but he usually blows a fuse once a year, usually in the beginning of season....

My Vector - I spliced into the 12 volt plug and never blew a fuse....

My current Attak - Ran directly to battery and put a inline 5a fuse and never blew a fuse..

Back