• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

heated shield wiring

yzf1999

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha SR Viper LTX SE
What wires do I use to install a heated shield plug? Also I want to get the accessory plug wired in , so which wires do I use for that? Thanks guys..

I'm not sure on the wiring, I just like to see that people still work on there sleds in the summer.

Your best bet is to buy the yamaha accessory outlet. Its pre-wired to plug into the sleds electrical system. You don't need to do any wiring! The accessory outlet comes with a pigtail and a connector. The sled harness already has the accessory plug. Yamaha makes a plug with the lead for your heated shield that plugs into the accessory outlet. The other advantage of the yamaha accessory outlet is that its already fused.

Good luck!

miked said:
Your best bet is to buy the yamaha accessory outlet. Its pre-wired to plug into the sleds electrical system. You don't need to do any wiring! The accessory outlet comes with a pigtail and a connector. The sled harness already has the accessory plug. Yamaha makes a plug with the lead for your heated shield that plugs into the accessory outlet. The other advantage of the yamaha accessory outlet is that its already fused.

Good luck!

This would be your best bet. Plus you can plug in just about anything you want when not using your sheild.

Back