• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heavy Springs?

I have seen a post's in the past about some sort of aftermarket blocks for the rear suspension that people have been also putting on. Does anybody what they are, what they do or where you can get them? Thanks for your help in advance.

stewartb said:
Southern Renegade said:
has anyone upgraded and what was the difference after you added them? I know mine sags but it doesnt seem to bottom out either. I have always heard more travel is better???

Sag doesn't affect travel. The proper amount of sag is essential to allow suspension drop and keep the track on the snow. Excessive sag and too little sag should both be addressed and corrected. Sag should be measured with a seated rider. That's the only time it matters.

Heavy springs will increase the rebound rate of the shocks unless re-valved. The XTX center shock rebound rate is already too fast in my book. If more guys would focus on shocks rather than springs they'd have more fun on their sleds. They bottom out and their response is to tighten their springs. Not good.

My XTX used to have inconsistent sag when sitting riderless. Sometimes it would sit tall and others not. It did not impact the sag with me on board. I added Hygear spring spacers and now the suspension sits tall all the time now when sitting riderless. That's a sign that the springs aren't bound as far as I can tell. The torsion springs are now working properly and I, like LeeKo, can run at a softer preload setting. I can't figure out why Yamaha allows the springs to tilt like they do. It makes no sense.

SB

Where do these Hygear spring spacers go exactly?

Do you have to pull the skid? Easy to install?

I store my sled in a heated compound. So no ice or snow on rear end. When I lift the rear end ( with no snow or ice) then push down the rear end, it will stick at least 6-7 inches and stay there. Never had a sled do that. Oh and gotta love that sqeaking sound from the rear( all greased also).

X-click

Koeckman,

I also installed the X-click blocks from Hiperf.com. They have a 4th "extra hard" setting over the stock blocks. I didn't use them without the Hygear spacers so I don't know how they affect sag at the extra hard setting. With the spacers I am now running at the softest setting. Here is the link and a pic:

http://www.hiperf.com/cgi-bin/sh000001. ... a210_2d507

Attachments

• x-click.jpg
    x-click.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 90

Back