• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heel cliker "Hammer time" dual pivot clutch weight

Frostbite

TY 4 Stroke God
I keep seeing adds for these new clutch weights. The shoulder of the weight is a separate part that pivots and decouples at the 50% shift out point. The description of how the weight works seems to make sense. I guess it's having seen so many great new ideas over the years that just never seemed to pan out that makes me a bit skeptical? Also, after reading about several heel clickers that came appart last season taking the clutches with them; it's a little tough to jump in with both feet when one more pivot point is added to the weight.
Has anyone tried a set of these weights in their grass or asphalt sled yet?
Powder Blue

Guys, just relax a little! It's September yet!! :D The first batch of weights that were made were machined wrong (too wide) and the pivot wouldn't go on the weight. The second batch just got done last Thursday and first got shipped this week to customers. So the results should show up pretty soon here!

I have a set should be here Thursday or Friday. Will be testing New Warrior non studded 0 miles on porta tree. Will be testing stock to see times than stock set-up with Hammertime weights. Then springs and helix changes. Then will stud it to the max and start over. After that will test HHitters against HC Hammertime to get best ETs. Also picked up a set of Holtzman Mikuni CV Springs would like to see if any gains are to be found. (Later)

straighlinger, make sure you test backshift characteristics as well. Most of the guys here are trail riders and backshift is crucial. I dont doubt the new Hammer time weights will ET well, its the rest of it im curious about...BBY

Are you the same Straightliner I rode with up in Canada last Feb, when it was so very warm out??? :?:

I don't know! I try to ride Canada every other weekend. What part of Canada? I also can speak French and would of been on a 2003 -800 x or 600 x or 800 Polaris touring.

I am thinking of a differnt Straightliner... I didn't notice any green sleds mentioned... :wink:

Back