• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helix bushing options

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
Before I go buy a new OEM bushing for the helix in my '19 SRX,has anyone found a supplier for oilite ones? I know Allan Ulmer used to make some for the primary but I can't find anything on the secondary.

Before I go buy a new OEM bushing for the helix in my '19 SRX,has anyone found a supplier for oilite ones? I know Allan Ulmer used to make some for the primary but I can't find anything on the secondary.

You don't want a brass bushing in either of the clutches. They dont slide as well and will bind up more so than the factory PTFE style coated ones. I'd actually pay more money for the coated bushings if it were me. The coated bushings slide much easier and do not bind like brass or oilite type bushings. I've tested this stuff on the track on the timers and on the RacePac data logger. Longer bushings bind easier along with brass bushings when you put them in either the primary or secondary movables or the covers. The best thing the factory did was cut down on the width in half and coat the bushing in the PTFE coating. They were all the rage for a while when the aftermarket was pushing them, the concept seemed sound, but the results were horrible in the field for consistency.

You don't want a brass bushing in either of the clutches. They dont slide as well and will bind up more so than the factory PTFE style coated ones. I'd actually pay more money for the coated bushings if it were me. The coated bushings slide much easier and do not bind like brass or oilite type bushings. I've tested this stuff on the track on the timers and on the RacePac data logger. Longer bushings bind easier along with brass bushings when you put them in either the primary or secondary movables or the covers. The best thing the factory did was cut down on the width in half and coat the bushing in the PTFE coating. They were all the rage for a while when the aftermarket was pushing them, the concept seemed sound, but the results were horrible in the field for consistency.
What your saying makes sense now that I have thought about it more.Back in the day the oilite bushings were available everywhere and now all you see are the front end kits made from oilite brass. I guess I'm destined to pay through the nose for a new OEM bushing from my stealer.

Back