• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmets

2008FxNytro

VIP Member
Website
www.mpminc.net
Hey guys. what are you running for helmet/goggle setups? right now i am using the arctic cat txi. i do really like it but its starting to get some years on it and im gettin a few air leaks in. was thinking about possibly going to the snocross helmet/goggles setup. going to try to find something at the big east show this weekend. Thanks!

I have a HJC x3 agent i believe with a crazy different amount of goggles. I have used spy's oakley's, smith's, and 509's. 509's are by far the best i have ever owned. the sinister or the aviator.

looking to get the klim helmet as well.

509 make a beautiful helmet. I'm gonna try my bro in laws HJC with his Scott goggles...he loved that setup, said it was light and warm.

I wear a Z1R Intake, with a pair of Smith's and a No Fog mask. I can't really complain about this set up, I like it.

I have two helmets, a HJC torch SPX and Scott 89XI Turbo goggles, love the fit of the helmet, have not tried the goggles yet. My other bucket is a flip face Gmaxx with heated shield and sunshade. I obviously use them for different reasons long trips versus day rips.

2008FxNytro said:
Hey guys. what are you running for helmet/goggle setups? right now i am using the arctic cat txi. i do really like it but its starting to get some years on it and im gettin a few air leaks in. was thinking about possibly going to the snocross helmet/goggles setup. going to try to find something at the big east show this weekend. Thanks!

509 will be at the show this weekend in Syracuse, by far the best helmet and goggle setup out on the market at this time. Also pricing is very reasonable compaired to others.

Throttle Jockey said:
2008FxNytro said:

509 will be at the show this weekend in Syracuse, by far the best helmet and goggle setup out on the market at this time. Also pricing is very reasonable compaired to others.

Awesome! i will have to look for them!! Thanks for the input very appreciative. gotta make a decision now. just hoping i will be able to stay warm without the full face

With there goggle set up and design on the helmet there are no issues to worry about. I have tested just about every single helmet and goggle out there. These work, and so do a few others, but overall appearence, lightweight and warmth, won me over. Have fun.......

Do you use the breath box's on those helmets? I've never used a mx style helmet and always wondered the same as others about being too cold. Those 509's look really nice, and you get 25% off the goggles if you buy both the helmet and goggle at the same time. Nice ;)!

I am also in the market for a helmet, I have worn a mx style helmet for the last 8 years would not go back. I wear a clava and a neoprene face mask (intended for motorcycle riding). I have rode when it was -30 and never really got cold.

I'm rockin a Bell Moto 8 with 509 Polarized goggles. The moto is light which is nice and I am very happy with the 509s.

If you are looking for bang for the buck I always suggest to guys HJC lids and Scott goggles. I have had very good experiences with both.

Attachments

• bellmoto8.jpg
    bellmoto8.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 93

Back