• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmets

fox v3 carbon with 509 avitars, thor carbon w/ 509 I love the fit and finish of the new fox v3's, not to say that thor is not good but i would much rather have a fox on my head :drink:

revster said:
I'm rockin a Bell Moto 8 with 509 Polarized goggles. The moto is light which is nice and I am very happy with the 509s.
Thats a sweet set up! :Rockon:
YamYboY said:
EVS and Fly Helmets then 509 Aviators , by far the best goggles on the market!

I'm curious about the aviators, are they any bigger than other goggles?

Im very interested in trying this set up but Im afraid of freezing my face off. I use a BV2S and it never fogs up and keep me warm but always liked the open face/google set up.

bottlerocket said:
Do you guys rack up trial miles with these or is this for tearing up snow bowls and such?

4000-5000 miles a year. all conditions.

sorenson1610 said:
Do you use the breath box's on those helmets? I've never used a mx style helmet and always wondered the same as others about being too cold. Those 509's look really nice, and you get 25% off the goggles if you buy both the helmet and goggle at the same time. Nice ;)!

Never used a breath box with any mx style helmet.

2008FxNytro said:
nice looking setup! do you stay pretty warm?

Yeah I'm fine with it. I wear a no-fog under it then just a thin balaclava. I have worn it at temps below -30*C (-22*F) (not including windchill) and I have been fine.

After talking with the guys at 509 at the big east show I bought a helmet and aviators off them. I am still nervous about getting cold, after trying it on and how everything works with the goggles no skin is exposed except for the neck which i'll find some sort of fleece to wear i'm sure. What was holding me up is the moto seems fine when ridding from stop to stop on tug hill but when I go to Quebec its wide sweeping trails at 50+ mph, no stops for sometimes 70-100 miles, and temperatures below 0. I hope the combo works.

XIpyretta said:
After talking with the guys at 509 at the big east show I bought a helmet and aviators off them. I am still nervous about getting cold, after trying it on and how everything works with the goggles no skin is exposed except for the neck which i'll find some sort of fleece to wear i'm sure. What was holding me up is the moto seems fine when ridding from stop to stop on tug hill but when I go to Quebec its wide sweeping trails at 50+ mph, no stops for sometimes 70-100 miles, and temperatures below 0. I hope the combo works.
I will probably do the same at the novi show but have the same concerns about 200 mile ride when it is 0 deg.

Back