• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmets

yametoo

Hey all, just wondering what everyones opinion is on their full face helmets, looking for a new helmet as the motocross is a little too cold for temps of -20C. Don't want to hear about brp helmets, I know they work but want other options. What's your experience?

I use a Shark RSR2 (Indy green/red pattern) with a yellow shield and breath box (winter option). Bought it off eBay at a real good price compared to retail. May be a knock off but ti works so well. It's a high tech, high dollar motorcycle helmet but it reviewed real well for anti fogging before I bought.

Amazingly good airflow with fogging only if a vent is closed. It is both cool and warm at the same time. You can feel the air flow but it is still warm on the coldest of days. Very light weight. Rode to top of my local ski mountain and found it real air tight, could not tell the wind was blowing until I took it off.

I also have a couple of ZR1's for back up. One with a double shied and the other with electric. Haven't had to use either one yet.

I use a Shark RSR2 (Indy green/red pattern) with a yellow shield and breath box (winter option). Bought it off eBay at a real good price compared to retail. May be a knock off but ti works so well. It's a high tech, high dollar motorcycle helmet but it reviewed real well for anti fogging before I bought.

Amazingly good airflow with fogging only if a vent is closed. It is both cool and warm at the same time. You can feel the air flow but it is still warm on the coldest of days. Very light weight. Rode to top of my local ski mountain and found it real air tight, could not tell the wind was blowing until I took it off.

I also have a couple of ZR1's for back up. One with a double shied and the other with electric. Haven't had to use either one yet.

just a plain black HJC helmet with electric visor and an unwind balaclava. lots of people dont like the cord, but its never gotten in my way. the unwind balaclava is expensive, but i swear by it and so does everyone i ride with.

nothin fancy for 150 bucks, and it gets the job done

How can you ride with a cord? Does'nt it get ripped apart each time you fall of your sled? I can't see the cord lasting any longer than 1 hour in the deep pow. But maybe thats just me .. :tg:

I use a KBC helmet and SPY goggles, perfect fit and almost no wind passing thru.. Usually get freeze marks in the face every season, but this is the first season with the new setup. So we'll see ;)!

No it doesn't get in the way and it doesn't get ripped apart not everybody likes the motorcross style ;)! some people ride with full open with flip shields ... lol.

X2 HJC with heated visor if you are cold. I switched to mx style this year, but saved my HJC for days when its well below zero. If you uses the heated shiled you really dont need the breath box. most jackets have a small plastic D ring for attaching the tether. i run the cord up through the D ring to the helmet and it never gets in the way.

mewaschuk said:
X2 HJC with heated visor if you are cold. I switched to mx style this year, but saved my HJC for days when its well below zero. If you uses the heated shiled you really dont need the breath box. most jackets have a small plastic D ring for attaching the tether. i run the cord up through the D ring to the helmet and it never gets in the way.

I have the same set up as you, MX for most days full face with heated shield for cold #*$&@ days. i always just zip the cord up inside my jacket, may have to try the D ring trick!!

CKX modular with heated shield. I like it because the nose cone stays with the visor when you flip it up- not a snap on that you have to fuss with every time you remove it. Only complaint is that the vents don't work as well as my old HJC and sometimes it gets too warm.

I ride with the new 509 helmet and goggles ,I also have a hjc motocross style too both work about the same but as of last weekend im considering buying a full face helmet again with a heated sheild

I'm using the GMax 54s modular with built in sunvisor and electric shield.
One word should cover it "OUTSTANDING"!!!

last time i fell off the cord was long enough to stay together. its got several connections tho too which have just disconnected. i lose more cords than break them. also, i dont put the cord up through my jacket. sled to helmet

Back