• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help dropping rear skid

YAMAMISSILE

Extreme
I have two inner idler wheels to replace on my 2005 vector. I assume I need to drop the rear skid. What will I need to replace when removing and re installing the rear suspension? Bushings, ect. . .

:rocks:

Are you talking about the 2 inner wheels up front? if so yeah probably best to remove skid. Remove 2 bolts up front, and 2 in rear where drop brackets bolt to wheels. You need to remove both bolts at front same time, shaft just spins if you don't. Same for rear. When you have the skid out you can check it over and replace anything that's gone.

To put skid back in put front bolts in first then back should go right in place.

not sure, I haven't had the skid out of my Vector yet. I am guessing there is a bushing kit available from your Yamaha dealer and maybe in the aftermarket. Sorry can't help ya more.

if it is the top rear wheels
then yes skid comes out
if you are having trouble with 1 bolt coming out and the other spinning
get a longer bolt same size
put a nut on it and put it in the hole of the 1 that comes out
use the nut like a locking nut and take the hard side out
undo the nut and remove the longer bolt
get a needle that fits on the grease gun (hardware store sells them)
and grease everybearing that you are not replacing
you will be amazed at the water that comes out
the needle slips in beside the seal edge on the bearings

Back